Sundown Audio

optidrive 2000d problems

Dustin Sageman

why is bass on -6? first part of the problem there.

turn volume up to 33 and retune gains. people report distortion with the volume at that level with +15 sub level on headunit. I didn't on mine though. depends on the headunit. others found 33 at +0 was the highest they could go. find my thread "what volume does my head unit clip at?" your unit might be in there

have rca ran to amps for my component speakers, nd dont play past 26 to 28 on bad day lol sub level 0 on cd player also. bass -6 mids 0 nd high+0 on cd player . might turn up gain bit on amp , calling lanzar in am i guess thanks everyone for help , just got ripped off on re sx 18 . paid 205$ nd coil scarred reads 1

Sub level 0? There is the problem right there

you are wrong. kenwoods dont work like alpines. sub level 0 is perfect, once you put it to sub level +1, it clips all day long.

Nothing is wrong with your amps, just plain user error. Put bass to 0, sublevel to 0, and set you gain correctly, with an oscope. half gain doesnt mean shit if you dont know your output voltage on the headunit.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

• 1 month later...

You do know tat those amps are .5 ohm sable

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

my kenwood kdc238mp or something, was clip free at volume 33 with sub at +15. but it always depends on which kenwood we're talking about here. like Chevy said, some kenwoods output their max preout voltage at +0 at X volume, and some are X volume +15.

with his bass on -6, (assuming to make the speakers not distort) he is barely getting any preout voltage as that lowers the subwoofer preout voltage.

with the volume at 26 (max before clipping the internal kenwood headunit amp) the preout voltage is like .5v or something stupid low like that with the sub at +15. sub level on 0, combined with the bass on -6, he's got very low preout voltage.

user error. not the equipments fault.

end thread.

edit: guarantee i can figure out your issues in 10 minutes if i had some hands on time.

Archived