4 channel protects -.-

DylanBunch

whenever i turn the volume up it protects around 58-62. hu is 80prs, speakers are crescendo mezzos wired @ 2ohms in active (mids channels 1/2, highs 3/4) gains all the way down, minorly eq'd. Im trying to avoid checking the power wire fuse because its under my sub floor which is under my sub and im puny lol this just started a few days ago and im outta ideas.... nothings changed but the speakers

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Voltage is great ;) but it cuts off and when I look back the red power ring (amp is kicker 350.4 btw) is off and the red protect light on the side turns on. Everything seems fine though.... also took a multi meter to all the speaker wire making sure nothing is under 2 ohms and everything is 2ohms+.

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

So tonight, I took like 4 hours to basically redo/clean up all wiring in the back by the amps. Snipping and restripping power and speaker wire, redoing grounds and checking fuses, opened up the kicker and seems fine, nothing black or loose, basically I've come to a conclusion that the amp is a POS and even though rated at 2 ohms, it doesn't like 2 ohms so it gets hot and shuts off.... I used to run channels 1/2 @ 2 ohms and 3/4 at 4 ohms so I guess only one side being at 2 ohms didn't create enough heat to shut it off but now that both sides are at 2 ohms (keep in mind the amp protecting only started when as soon as both sides were @ 2 ohms) the amp is just like fuuucckkkkk meeeee lol sure its warm, maybe even hot to touch when I get home and its been shutting off but if the heat its reaching is enough for it to protect this amp is garbage and I don't want it in my car lol where them rockford 4 channels at?? I could use a couple

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

So tonight, I took like 4 hours to basically redo/clean up all wiring in the back by the amps. Snipping and restripping power and speaker wire, redoing grounds and checking fuses, opened up the kicker and seems fine, nothing black or loose, basically I've come to a conclusion that the amp is a POS and even though rated at 2 ohms, it doesn't like 2 ohms so it gets hot and shuts off.... I used to run channels 1/2 @ 2 ohms and 3/4 at 4 ohms so I guess only one side being at 2 ohms didn't create enough heat to shut it off but now that both sides are at 2 ohms (keep in mind the amp protecting only started when as soon as both sides were @ 2 ohms) the amp is just like fuuucckkkkk meeeee lol sure its warm, maybe even hot to touch when I get home and its been shutting off but if the heat its reaching is enough for it to protect this amp is garbage and I don't want it in my car lol where them rockford 4 channels at?? I could use a couple

Dude seriously check out the pioneer gm-d 8604 at amazon. 150rms x 4 and has no problem all channels running 2ohm. Hours on end stays cool and is a great SQ amp.

truthsayer

Archived