Second Skin Audio

how do i figure out how big i have to make the port?

GueroZ28

OP just quoting myself in case you missed the reply.

It will need to be sub/port up due to the lack of depth but taller since your dimensions are insufficient, 17 tall, or not as tall if you can go wider.

What if the max would be 15in tall would the change? Because i can only change the height by like 2 inches and the depth not the width.. it is not a durango it is a neon i am real sorry i have no idea why i put that

Well a circular port like the one shown takes up less space than a standard rectangular slot port, and circular ports require less port area than the standard slot port.

If you are really stretching for room here the aero port will be your best bet.

- 2012 Mustang 3.7 Manual

- Audio under construction

Well a circular port like the one shown takes up less space than a standard rectangular slot port, and circular ports require less port area than the standard slot port.

Please explain. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Oh and where can i get a port like that?? Is it a regular tube or something?

Please explain. . .

Which part? If you have a circular flared port will it not require less port area to operate at the same efficiency?

So I figured you have around 28 square inches of port for a circular port and you would need maybe 35-40 square inches of rectangular port which would result in a rectangular slot port that takes up more space...

I apologize if any of this is misinformation.

- 2012 Mustang 3.7 Manual

- Audio under construction

Standard 6" PVC pipe can be found in lowe's, home depot and such, also on ebay last time I checked.

Please explain. . .

Which part? If you have a circular flared port will it not require less port area to operate at the same efficiency?

So I figured you have around 28 square inches of port for a circular port and you would need maybe 35-40 square inches of rectangular port which would result in a rectangular slot port that takes up more space...

I apologize if any of this is misinformation.

The port shown in the pic is not flared. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Standard 6" PVC pipe can be found in lowe's, home depot and such, also on ebay last time I checked.

Is it 11inches from end to end (including the 3inches its popped out) or from the wood to the end of the port?

Archived