Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sundown SA-12s Enclosure


Ryan420

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, I'm designing an enclosure and looking for some input.

2 Sundown SA-12 d4's

Crescendo BC2000D

1986 Honda CRX

Questions:

- 3.3 cubes enough for 2 SA-12s?

- Bracing between subs needed?

15cg3nd.jpg

53l4d4.jpg

Posted

I like the way smaller boxes sound so I'd say 3.3 net is plenty for two SA-12, though others may disagree.

I would definitely brace between the subs.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Your net is certainly within Sundown's recommended range, if you go for a larger net you increase your output per watt, for a shorter net like you have now you get somewhat better sound quality but lower efficiency, my bet is that anyone on 2K+ is looking for output so I would recommend to do it larger if possible, say 1.75 cubes net per sub with those subs as space permits.

Also subs up / port back usually performs great on those vehicles.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5337 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...