what is a bass boost knob suppose to do?

kiko

well i have a hifonic 1100.1 amp and i tuned it to my liking, then i plugged in the bass boost knob and it sounded like i lost bass without even touching the knob. can someone give me a reason why? i dont know what its suppose to do, but i know its not suppose to lower my amp settings right?

With the bass knob plugged in turn it all the way up and re-tune. Your problem is the position the knob was in when you plugged it in.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

With it not plugged in you will hear what it sounds like set on the amp. With it plugged in and no adjustments to amp and the knob turned down it will sound like it lost bass. Turn your bass knob all the way up, then plug it in on your amp. Then adjust your tunnings to your liking to where you want it to hit the hardest. Then it can be turned down or turned all the way up to hit its hardest. Make sure you use the knob your amp came with. Some wont work well with other amps and most wont work at all.

Pioneer DEH-P5800MP

4-Kenwood 6.5's

2-Powerbass 6x9's

2-Autotek Street Machine 3200.1's

1-Autotek Street Machine 1400.4

2-12'' Lanzar Optidrives 1232d

1-XS Power 950 AGM Batt

1/0 AWG Stinger for Big 3

DB Link 4 AWG ran

Archived