Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Bass cancelation-


Mark-E-Mark

Recommended Posts

Posted

there is no reasonable sub with that much displacement.... ever. Even a 21in Warden only has .22 cuft of displacement.

How is 2 12's going to have 3.12 cu ft of displacement?

And by the way Vas isnt sub displacment bud. The displacement on those lanzar 12's is going to be about .15-.2 cu ft each.

edit: the reason i know that 3.12 figure came from the Vas spec, is because it is 1.56 cu ft for a single woofer.

You are right, I don't have my book on me so I just did a quick search. I appreciate the help on the box. Those numbers are not accurate, went off memory (bad memory due to horrible accident). But the topic here was about inverting a sub sharing same airspace. Big thanks to dangaranga, I did end up inverting the sub today and just switch the polarity to the terminals. Works great and brought back the lows I was lacking. I will have this design until the weather changes. Looking forward to a new build with a really sick design. Also gonna look into a 4th order and see if Its possible in my small car. That is one plan I want to design. Thanks ChevyBoy95, I will look into these displacements and recalculate. I was wrong on them.

Pioneer DEH-P5800MP

4-Kenwood 6.5's

2-Powerbass 6x9's

2-Autotek Street Machine 3200.1's

1-Autotek Street Machine 1400.4

2-12'' Lanzar Optidrives 1232d

1-XS Power 950 AGM Batt

1/0 AWG Stinger for Big 3

DB Link 4 AWG ran

Posted

You know, that's not the first time I heard something like that. I will follow up some research on that. Good tip man thanks!

What's to research? That's how you do it.

Flip polarity on just one of the speaker wires and it will be 180 degrees opposite the other woofer.

That's how it should be done when reverse mounting only one woofer, not the phase switch on the amp.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl



TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png


5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Posted

yup i would switch the speaker wires on the inverted sub

2004 Chevy Trailblazer LT

Walled- 10.5 cubes net tuned 33Hz

2-15 inch AA Team subs D2

Americanbass- 750.1

1 yellowtop under the hood , 4 c&d 88ah batteries in rear

mechman-270

pioneer headunit-4200UB

4 soundqubed supertweeters

phoenix gold 2 channel

back up camera

stinger volt meter

22 years old and still have alot to learn..lets get it

Posted

Thanks for all the tips. I did just switch the wiring yesterday and it did the trick. Big fan of the inverted subs, just used to only having one sub or 2 in separate chambers. This one stumped me for a second. Since my amps don't have phase switch. Which would of worked since each sub would have its own amp. Thanks again, still learnin.

Pioneer DEH-P5800MP

4-Kenwood 6.5's

2-Powerbass 6x9's

2-Autotek Street Machine 3200.1's

1-Autotek Street Machine 1400.4

2-12'' Lanzar Optidrives 1232d

1-XS Power 950 AGM Batt

1/0 AWG Stinger for Big 3

DB Link 4 AWG ran

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5337 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...