Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

help with ported box 2 RF P315"


mike-e209

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey Joe I have a question about the port length.

As I made my cuts and out it together. The bottom area is 17.5 deep and the back side of the port reaches up 14.5 which leaves an opening of 2.5 inches. Is that back side cut correct 15.25 sides and 10.5 for extension? Seems odd. The cad picture looks like its shorter than 10. Thanks brotha

Posted

The internal depth is 17.3/4", let me know what cuts you have done already, so I can suggest some slight changes if you want to tune back down (see the modded cutsheet above) to 33-34 or so Hz which would be better for your application. Thanks for pointing out this early. The figure is only an assembly guide but I will issue a custom sketch for you.

Posted

Well I got the port glued already to the first specs. Just noticed before putting the baffle on that it didn't look right. Looks like I just have to cut away 4" away from that end of the port so not a big deal at all. I'll get to it tomorrow n hopefully have it done. As far as the frequency tuning. 34.8 should be fine. If I'm not mistaking 33 would pick up the lower notes better but the 34.8 or higher would have a "punchier hard hitting " bass right or wrong? Thanks for the fast reply too

Posted

It was going to be 33.5 so the difference is less than 2 Hz so barely audible, just make sure you use the amp's subsonic filter to 28 Hz, here's the sketch on custom dims, observe the bracing inside the port an the top to bottom brace (1 1/4" rod):

rwek.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6313 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...