Go to compaq website and download the driver for your mouse pad...As far as the finish goes you might can hit up ebay and find and replace that piece of plastic cover. Or go to the compaq site and order another plastic piece.

Umm theres nothing wrong with my mouse LOL just that I fucked up the case with my mouse

Do you mean the Drivers for the DVD/CD burner???that I can download to fix it

also what is the proper name just the Top Piece for the c500

Moving where the Money Trees are

thats because its a shitty compaq

If you want to be rude please don't bother posting in my Topic I'm looking for help

and If Im not Mistaken HP and Compaq are the same so hows it shitty you don't see me using a Dell so that coment was uncalled for

Edited by Gazoo_bumpin

reset ie 7.0 is exactly what it sounds like.

internet options /advanced /RESET IE

i cant really make it any easier then that

or reinstall ie from windows componnts menu

if it doesnt work you have system file corruption and its time for a reformat

Edited by Accordman

reset ie 7.0 is exactly what it sounds like.

internet options /advanced /RESET IE

i cant really make it any easier then that

or reinstall ie from windows componnts menu

if it doesnt work you have system file corruption and its time for a reformat

I got ya as you see Im not to computer handy

Now if I do this all my bookmarks etc will be deleted and my passwords etc to but also after I click that will my Explore lock up or anything or can I just it again right away

Now have you seen this a lot with Vista and would'ed my Live one care pick this up and is reformat be covered by my warrenty

Edited by Gazoo_bumpin

Oh my bad. I just see what you said..You could not get the mouse pad to work with your fingers..Not that the mouse pad didn't work..My bad..That is why I have a mouse on my laptop to. :) Touchpad FTL!! :(

I got ya as you see Im not to computer handy

Now if I do this all my bookmarks etc will be deleted and my passwords etc to but also after I click that will my Explore lock up or anything or can I just it again right away

Now have you seen this a lot with Vista and would'ed my Live one care pick this up and is reformat be covered by my warrenty

live one care is a joke and i seeit every day

yes it will reset everythign within ie but it should fix your issue

no it will fix internet explorer

to fix your dvd issue first we need to know if you have any device conflicts ( i mean I because others ont seem to know there head from a hole in the ground ) if theres conflicts then you need to reinstall the driver

uninstall the dvd drive restart windows let it reinstall if issue persist then check manufactures site for updated drivers or firmware for the unit as there may be a known issue with your unit.

no it will fix internet explorer

to fix your dvd issue first we need to know if you have any device conflicts ( i mean I because others ont seem to know there head from a hole in the ground ) if theres conflicts then you need to reinstall the driver

uninstall the dvd drive restart windows let it reinstall if issue persist then check manufactures site for updated drivers or firmware for the unit as there may be a known issue with your unit.

All I know is it won't let me Back up my files from Live one car and won't let me even Burn a DVD movie using Nero 7

Like I saw it just opens the DVD drive and wants a new disc when its a brand new one in there

Now to Uninstalling the DVD drive is that in the control panel What do you mean about reseting Windows,Please do bare with me I'm not to computer savy

I posted my computer specs above so maybe that shows my dvd/cd drive

you need to get into your device manager, you can get there by control panel then system then hardware tab then device manager.report back if anything has a yellow exclamation mark