Second Skin Audio

Box tunning?

Gil Loyola

Thanks a lot and yea in a mustang....the sub is going to face upwards but not in the trunk its gonna be were my back seat used to be and the port its gonna be facing the front to the car.....

Sorry for the same question again but im still not getting it.

If i want 8ft^3 for my sub...i start with that number then type 10w x 12.5h then 8cubes as box volume then the calculator gives me the depth of the port and im using the12volt port calculator im trying to learn how to use it.

Okay after that it says its like 2cubes for the port so then i add that too my box and it makes it 10ft^3 is that right.

What i have been doing on my other boxes is example: I need 2cubes for a sub so i already know it has to be actually bigger than that cuz of the port.....so i start playing with the calculator and lets say i type in 3 cubes as my volume then i find the tunning at 3 cubes then i subtract the port until i can get around 2cubes. please help im super confused and just on this

I finally get the 44 deep, you are going into the cabin with this, well.. download Torres calculator from this site, enter the external dimensions and the dimensions of the port, sub displacement and you will get your net volume automatically.

Find your ideal box size. Let's say it's 8 cubes. Then find your port length and figure that volume. Let's say it's 1.75 cubes. Then account for sub and bracing displacement. Let's say sub is .2 and bracing is .05.

Now, add those together:

8+

1.75+

.2+

.05=

10 cubes. This means you have to have a gross internal volume of ten cubic feet in order to have the 8 cubes you need for the box to be tuned at the frequency you want.

Next, figure the cubic inches of that 10 cubes.... 10 x 1728 = 17280 cubic inches. Now take two measurements that cannot change.... ergo, 36" & 14", and divide the total by those.

17280 / 36 / 14 = 34.28

So now you know that in order for you to build a net 8 cubic foot box tuned at the frequency you chose, your internal box dimensions must be 36" x 14" x 34 ¼". If you have enough room... start cutting. If not, start over. ;-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Find your ideal box size. Let's say it's 8 cubes. Then find your port length and figure that volume. Let's say it's 1.75 cubes. Then account for sub and bracing displacement. Let's say sub is .2 and bracing is .05.

Now, add those together:

8+

1.75+

.2+

.05=

10 cubes. This means you have to have a gross internal volume of ten cubic feet in order to have the 8 cubes you need for the box to be tuned at the frequency you want.

Next, figure the cubic inches of that 10 cubes.... 10 x 1728 = 17280 cubic inches. Now take two measurements that cannot change.... ergo, 36" & 14", and divide the total by those.

17280 / 36 / 14 = 34.28

So now you know that in order for you to build a net 8 cubic foot box tuned at the frequency you chose, your internal box dimensions must be 36" x 14" x 34 ¼". If you have enough room... start cutting. If not, start over. ;-)

Thank you very much for explaining this to me....now i get it....the boxes i had done were way off on tuning then.

I have been using a few box calculator do u know if Torres calculator is pretty accurate....it seems like and easy one to use?

Yes it is accurate way better then the re box calculator lol. Not saying you used that one but a lot of people have tryed it.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived