Second Skin Audio

is my sub blown?

cgallmore

someone at my local shop said its the coil unwound but i took it out of the box and it looks fine. i push on the sub and it dosent make a noise but at a higher frequency like 40ish hz it sounds like its bottoming out. it has been is a sealed box and it started to make the noise when i inverted the sub and did it when the sub was in the box normal and when i free air it.

Dude your bottoming out the coil. STOP NOW or It will break! Put in a proper box and your prob will be gone.

it has been fine until one day it started to do that, it just happened out of no where. and the cone isnt really moving much when it makes that sound so i didnt think it was bottoming out. it will do it no matter what volume i try to play at. so even if i recone it do you think there will still be an issue?

it looks like it's moving more than an inch when the noise occurs.

a glue joint may have failed, possibility

okay, i think im going to order a recone for it and see if that helps then. It sucks, i know i over powered it but not as much as some people that ive seen. im going to grab a second one and then ill be running under rated rms and have the gains set properly. by a different shop than i went to before

it looks like it's moving more than an inch when the noise occurs.

a glue joint may have failed, possibility

okay, i think im going to order a recone for it and see if that helps then. It sucks, i know i over powered it but not as much as some people that ive seen. im going to grab a second one and then ill be running under rated rms and have the gains set properly. by a different shop than i went to before

Never trust anyones gain settings but your own. Maybe look into a dd-1. Some shops not all care just about the money. How did they set the current gains?

Archived