I got a 95 accord LX at home and the tranny started shifting a little harder. I wanted to make sure it doesnt go on me this summer, cuz I plan a trip to the Tail of the Dragon every year....plus Im gonna see if I can get enough cash for a drop before the trip too (Tanabe Sustec II coilovers). So is there any real way to tell that your tranny is going/gonna go soon? I already started shopping around for another one and can get one for 500 thats only got 20-30 thou on it. But I want to see if anyone knows any tell tale signs to plan on changing it soon.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I've always been told you can tell by the fluid color and smell. You want it to be red and not smell burnt. I hope this helps

1996 Chevy blazer

Pioneer deck dehp6800mp

clarion eq

Hifonics BXI1606d (Subs)

1 18" RE MT

Box specs: 6.7cuft @35hz 14.2sqin of port per cuft (Noobtastic design)

Crunch GP1400.4 (Mids & Highs)

Boston Acoustic mids and highs

Stock alt

Stinger SP800

Bunch of 0 and 4 gauge wire

remt.jpg

ah ok. Then what does it mean when it shifts harder? Definitely will check the fluid when I get home tomorrow. Im wondering if I should change the fluid/filter again cuz its been probably around 6-7 months since I did it last. Than again, it sits in my garage while Im out here part of the year.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

do a stall speed test... find what the stall speed of your torque converter is.. then go outside..warm the car up drive around a lil while.. then hold the brakes hard and put the pedal down.. see what the RPM stays at.. dont do it to long though.. this is a serious test that techs perform.. i did it the other day on a friends truck.

New system"RF T5001BD 980watts RMS at one ohmSoundstream T5-12"kenwood 4 inch front doorpowerbass 5 inch back2.3 cube foot enclosure tuned to about 34hz

do a stall speed test... find what the stall speed of your torque converter is.. then go outside..warm the car up drive around a lil while.. then hold the brakes hard and put the pedal down.. see what the RPM stays at.. dont do it to long though.. this is a serious test that techs perform.. i did it the other day on a friends truck.

to be honest....you got another test that doesnt involve the brakes? Not wild about the idea of doin this....my brakes are slightly warped as is (they do it like clockwork every 5-6 months).

check the fluid color and smell..thats about it... warm it up drive around check the tranny level and then check color and smell..

New system"RF T5001BD 980watts RMS at one ohmSoundstream T5-12"kenwood 4 inch front doorpowerbass 5 inch back2.3 cube foot enclosure tuned to about 34hz