B-Large Posted December 21, 2013 Report Posted December 21, 2013 I'm looking for a safe and efficient way to do a quick detach for my sub. I drive a Volkswagen golf r, same as gti as far as cargo room. Currently i have a rear facing Sa8 that i figured would be the best of both worlds but am afraid to put anything in the cargo area as i don't have a grill so it might as well be a 15". Any way I now have an SSD 12 that i am working on an enclosure for. I don't drive the car every day but may want to take the sub out for "spirited" driving or to switch back to the Sa8. I'm open to any ideas but i imagined something in line so i can just have speaker wire out of the enclosure/enclosures and amp without having to many points to resistance. I have done some looking but haven't found anything that would be easy and safe, i.e. i dont want to short out my amps output but would like "plug and play" connectivity. I was considering banana plug style binding posts but havn't been able to find any that would leave the leads insulated when disconnected from the sub. edit: 10 gauge speaker wire from RF T1000 bdcp
bbeljefe Posted December 21, 2013 Report Posted December 21, 2013 Neutrik connectors and cups from Parts Express. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
SnowDrifter Posted December 21, 2013 Report Posted December 21, 2013 Anderson plugs? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
B-Large Posted December 22, 2013 Author Report Posted December 22, 2013 Both great suggestions thanks guys. Think i may just grab both and use whichever fits my speaker wire better.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.