Second Skin Audio

Seeking design info beyond 'box calculators'

loudNlow87

Good readin' here. I appreciate the graphs and explanations.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

OP every car (and it's install) is different and everyone's listening and personal taste also different, if something worked for someone, it doesn't mean it will work for you.. at all.

Also you frequently find that someone has a 150W front stage that will die off at 90Hz and a 3K sub stage with a peaky alignment and he is complaining that it doesn't play flat.

So applying common sense is important, gain the ability to do measurements is also important, estimating your cabin gain is a step towards understanding what's going on.

Again measurements are most important, you can try some modeling (with software made for car audio) to save you some time and anticipate potential damage to your drivers. Lastly do some reading of trustworthy materials before listening to rumors, claims, rules of thumb and such.

What software or equipment would you need to perform an accurate cabin response graph?

What software or equipment would you need to perform an accurate cabin response graph?

An RTA or a CLIO Fw, neither of which are on the cheaper side of the spectrum.

I don't know of anything cheaper as of now, only because I haven't looked into it.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Well I have a coustic rta-33 I know its not the best but it does work, but what I don't understand is how you would use an rta to design your enclosure

You could test the vehicle to figure out what your cabin gain is and then design your enclosure to work with it to give you the sound you want. If you have the ability is the best way to design. I hope to be able to do things this way soon.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived