Second Skin Audio

port length out side of the box?

Aj11

trying to get some more out of this crappy sealed box! it's 1.2 cubic feet want to add a port until i can get my Money up to build the new one. my question is can the port stick out of the box? i want a 4inch diameter port and i think it has to be 14 or 16 inches long but the box is only 14inches deep. can i have the port sticking out a few inches and still get the tune? i know its prolly not worth doing I'm just bored and want to know the answer

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Don't port a sealed box simple as that. A sub needs a bigger box for.a ported enclosure. Adding a port to a sealed box will just sound horrible.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

... really? its a sealed box designed for the amount of internal volume the sub needs in a sealed box. if you add a port you then making it a ported box and a sub needs a decent amount more volume to do a ported box.

its more worth while to wait until you build a proper ported box instead of cutting corners just because.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

i have 3, but running 2 now. there alpine type r swd4 12s

i got the box for free so i really don't care about it. I'll try for the rest of you to know. I have some material for the new box Build but getting a new car. that's why I'm waiting (make sure it fits!) i was thinking 33hz and the outside is 48 w 14 d 14 h each sub has own chamber

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Its a 3 chambered prefab? Don't try to port it the way it is. Just wait and rebuild.

Actually, I just downloaded the owners manual and the newest version(if that's what you have) of the 12" Type R, only needs 1-1.5 cubes vented. So if you can figure out your length, let err rip. It shouldn't sound too bad.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

if it has separate chambers at 1.8cuft each though right? I mean if its a single chamber box with 1.8cuft to 2 of them they both have .9cuft each( - sub displacement if not already accounted for ).

porting it could work but if you port it and don't like the sound of it you cant go back. imo, I would wait.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived