how do I wire direct leads

tarball I like yOur Idea I just can't find terminal Rings to put on 8 gauge wire I went to Lowes and didn't see any(they all have the yellow or blue back on the terminal rings. Also, my plan was to run all wires to the right side of my box. my box is pretty big so it would be hard to keep my direct leads the same length And get them to reach. I'll look for the copper terminal but connectors at Lowes but could not find them the same with the terminal Ring. can you guys send me some pictures of this stuff and also can I find it at a local hardware store? Or will I have to order it?

check these out.

http://skyhighcaraudio.net/catalog#category=copper-lugs-and-heat-shrink&search=

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

You are making this WAAAAY harder then it should be.

First things first... how many subs do you have? 2? and what ohm load are they?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Chevyboy95 I'm making it more complicated lol! Okay. I have 2 audioque Sdc2.5 12s. They both dual voice coil. 600rms per sub going to a aq1200d amp. my issue was I was not used to connecting subs with direct leads coming from the subs. I was used to putting my own wire into the sub in screwing down a bolt(cheaper subs). Now I'm just trying to figure out how to connect all the direct leads together in this case 4 positives 4 negatives giving me a one on connection and then run it to my amp.I did not want to use tape, and I tried using wire nuts but I was told that wire nuts woildnt give me a secure connection My subwoofer box is pretty big leaving little space for my direct leads to connect and reach across my box.so the idea was given to me from tarball 2 put a terminal ring on each wire and then both them down on the box 4 pos one extra running to the amp and 4 neg one extra running to the amp for a 1ohm connection. Now, my direct leads are still to short to reach the side of the box so I was going to drill a small a screw on the bottom of my box and run the cable out of my box to my amp. basically my direct leads are to short to reach the outside of my box. I will send pictures when I get off from work if I need to. I'm just trying to get everything done and do it the right way because I've been spending tons of money on audio shops and getting screwed over and I'm tired of it. This site has helped me build my own box wrap my box purchase the correct equipment and I just want to wire everything right. Thanks to everyone I really appreciate everything!

ok... and btw, soldering would be about the worst option here.

Option 1: Do like some of the others said, and put a ring terminal on every positive and negative wire, meaning all 8 individually. Then you can put all the positive ring terminals on 1 bolt, and all the negatives on another bolt, and then run 1 wire from each bolt to the amps respective side (output negative and output positive).

Option 2: IF THEY ARE CLOSE ENOUGH, you can get a bigger ring terminal, like a 4ga, and crimp the 4 10 gauge wires into 1 ring terminal for the positive side, and same on the negative side, then do like option 1, and put each side to a bold, and run a wire from each bolt to the amp.

There are more ways, but these would be the easiest IMO.

And these "bolt" go from the inside of the box to the outside, so on the inside is where the initial ring terminals would connect, and the outside is where the secondary wires would go from each bolt to the amp, having a nut hold the wires down on the threaded side (outside)

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Credit to AMI

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Ok kool... now were on the same page...... now.... where can I find ring terminals. Is online the only place I can find them... the ones at lowes didnt look like the ones that would fit 8 guage. Send some pics if I can find them at a hardware store just the kind that I would need.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

or try auto zone. seen some in the battery section once.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Archived