Mehrl38 Posted December 26, 2013 Report Posted December 26, 2013 Please read and help! Alright so I have a jvc kw-av60bt HU that I installed last year. Works great and everything well I just got a Alpine MRV500 amp with a Polk Audio 10" woofer (cant remember model off the top of my head). Heres a rundown of what I did, since this HU does not support RCA cables out of the back to run to the amp I had to use the Speaker Input wiring for the speakers, ran from wires coming from the harness out of the HU to the car back to the amp. hooked up sub and everything. Did a test run and everything turned on correctly and was working well. After doing some tuning on the car with having the ipod playing the HU stopped and showed me a "MIS-WIRING - CHECK WIRING AND RESET UNIT" reset the unit cause I thought maybe I just had everything turned up to much and it put it into protect mode. Well it did the same thing on the radio and had a terrible distortion coming from the speakers when it was playing the radio but not the ipod. I then thought that maybe my ground was not a good location. I didnt run it from the battery because on the Audis everything is so packed in tight in the engine bay it is nearly impossible to get through the firewall without tearing the motor bay apart intensely. So i just ran a dummy wire from the amp to the battery to try that and see if the ground could be the issue. Well that did help a lot. No more distortion coming from the speakers and it seemed to last a little longer before giving me that MIS-WIRING screen again and locking up the unit. WHAT I THINK MIGHT BE THE ISSUE - and this is my reason for asking you guys for your opinion, when i ran the speaker wires from the HU to the amps speaker input cords I ran all the positives separate to their corresponding color, but for the ground I ran them all together and back to the speaker input as one solid wire. Now i may be wrong but I think that could be the problem because its running different speaker grounds all together and could be over loading it, initially i thought hey ground is ground and its only the speakers, after thinking about it I am thinking tat I need to run a ground to the battery or an internal ground that already exists and run separate ground wires each speaker. Does this sound correct to you guys? Feel free to ask questions if I have left anything out, really need some help here guys! Thanks. 2004 Audi A4 Ultrasport 3.0 JVC KW-AV60BT Alpine MRV500 Polk Audio 10" Keep Calm And Chive On KCCO
kryptonite Posted December 26, 2013 Report Posted December 26, 2013 I would definitely leave your ground from your amp to the headunit if you can't find a different, substantial ground. As far as the wiring from the speakers to the amp, i would make them all separate like they are supposed to be. Seems as though you may be shorting the speaker wiring by putting them all together. Had a customer come to my store that did the same thing and it fried his headunit. Run those negatives individually and you should be ok. Other than that I don't know what else you could do. DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGERCurrently Own 4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option 2 - DC 5k lvl 4 motor lvl 2 motor On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said: this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.
n8ball2013 Posted December 26, 2013 Report Posted December 26, 2013 Check the wire I for the video screen. Did you hypass the psrking brake controls for video in motion THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
thefourth Posted December 26, 2013 Report Posted December 26, 2013 Not sure I entirely get what your trying to say. You spliced a sub into factory speakers then into your amp? Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
n8ball2013 Posted December 26, 2013 Report Posted December 26, 2013 3whoa wait nevermind. Fix your spesker wires you totally have thst wrong those sre polarity. Not meant to be a common ground or anything THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Mehrl38 Posted December 26, 2013 Author Report Posted December 26, 2013 Not sure I entirely get what your trying to say. You spliced a sub into factory speakers then into your amp? not the sub is running from the amp. not from speaker wires from factory speakers. 2004 Audi A4 Ultrasport 3.0 JVC KW-AV60BT Alpine MRV500 Polk Audio 10" Keep Calm And Chive On KCCO
Mehrl38 Posted December 26, 2013 Author Report Posted December 26, 2013 3whoa wait nevermind. Fix your spesker wires you totally have thst wrong those sre polarity. Not meant to be a common ground or anything Check the wire I for the video screen. Did you hypass the psrking brake controls for video in motion I didnt bypass the video screen. I ran that to the parking brake as recommended. But that is what I thought it would be is the factory speaker grounds. Thats what I will tackle first and im sure that will fix the problem. Thanks a bunch! 2004 Audi A4 Ultrasport 3.0 JVC KW-AV60BT Alpine MRV500 Polk Audio 10" Keep Calm And Chive On KCCO
Mehrl38 Posted December 26, 2013 Author Report Posted December 26, 2013 I would definitely leave your ground from your amp to the headunit if you can't find a different, substantial ground. As far as the wiring from the speakers to the amp, i would make them all separate like they are supposed to be. Seems as though you may be shorting the speaker wiring by putting them all together. Had a customer come to my store that did the same thing and it fried his headunit. Run those negatives individually and you should be ok. Other than that I don't know what else you could do. thats what im going to do is run them seperate. Thanks for you input and help! 2004 Audi A4 Ultrasport 3.0 JVC KW-AV60BT Alpine MRV500 Polk Audio 10" Keep Calm And Chive On KCCO
Mehrl38 Posted December 26, 2013 Author Report Posted December 26, 2013 3whoa wait nevermind. Fix your spesker wires you totally have thst wrong those sre polarity. Not meant to be a common ground or anything One more question for ya if you dont mind. would you recommend running the ground to a factory ground location since I will be down there tearing it apart again? Figure it couldnt hurt! Just wanted to get your 2 sense 2004 Audi A4 Ultrasport 3.0 JVC KW-AV60BT Alpine MRV500 Polk Audio 10" Keep Calm And Chive On KCCO
n8ball2013 Posted December 26, 2013 Report Posted December 26, 2013 Start with one change at a time. You make too many changes all st once and you csn compound the issue or not know what fixed it THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.