Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Fi bl box HELP


David Mears

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I finally got my 2 15s. They're fi bl 15s, fully loaded. These will be going in my trailblazer. Im stuck between sub up/port back or both going backwards. I am using torres box calculator for my new box. Which type of box would be better? Also, when fi says 3-5 cubes each sub, is that GROSS volume or NET. Im very confused and would like to get this built soon. Since i have 3200 rms going to the subs, I would like to make the box around 8 cubes( Net or gross)? I am very lost and need help ASAP so experienced people don't shrug this topic away!

Posted

My vehicle doesnt have a massive cargo space either, dimensions are roughly 45 wide, 20 deep and 22 tall. idk if i should put my equipment behind the seat and the subs up against the hatch, or the opposite? The box may need breathing room. Then again it all depends on which way I face the subs and what style I do.

Posted

I also dont know what style of box i should do. If i go port back and sub up, what does the port going back look like? An l port on the side, bottom, or cube port like meade? Or if I go both back do I do seperated chambers or single? I need a rundown of all of this info before I pay for a box to be built

Posted

i need 6-10 cubes, since its powering it at its max potential i was gonna do around 8 to not be too big and not too small. If i was doing less power id do the full 10 cubes. But im very inexperienced with suvs and car audio. This is my first SUV

Posted

If im planing on doing sub up port back, how will the box be set up? Both subs up and the port as a slot? Seperated chambers? Shared? The port on the side or bottom? I dont know how to do any of this theres a lot of factors

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6112 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...