ok heres my situation. i just bought a 300amp fuse today. i was runnin a stinger hi amp 200amp fuse in my fuse block. when i compared the 2 fuses the metal runnin through the middle of the fuses were completely different. the metal insdie teh 200amp fuse was almost double the size of the 300amps. my question is are there cheap fuses out there, or is the 200amp fuse just much better quality. and my other question i had was if im running 265amps worth of current, and the 300 amp fuse is really rated lower, will it pop the fuse the moment need that high of current, or will it just limit the current draw through the fuse. the reason for this question is it seemd like when i was running only 1 amp to 1 sub with the 200amp fuse my 1 sub seemed to hit alot harder than it does with both subs and amps hooked up(theyre in seperate chambers).

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

i dont know about the fuse question but about the sub question... make sure they are wired in phase. are you wiring both subs to one channel on the amp? maybe you are running higher ohms with both subs than you are running with one sub so with the one sub your amp is putting out more power... iduno just a idea. i may be wrong tho.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

i dont know about the fuse question but about the sub question... make sure they are wired in phase. are you wiring both subs to one channel on the amp? maybe you are running higher ohms with both subs than you are running with one sub so with the one sub your amp is putting out more power... iduno just a idea. i may be wrong tho.

im runnin 2 amps, one per sub and the amps are 1 ohm stable, and both subs are dvc 2ohm. and i have 2 of the same amps. im just tryin to figure out if im gettin a voltage drop or a lack of enough current or somethin

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

it may be voltage, get a dmm and watch your volts. you can get them cheap.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

well i have a cap(yes i know no comments from the peanut gallery) so i can monitor my voltage. just dont know if its a valid source lol

ok heres my situation. i just bought a 300amp fuse today. i was runnin a stinger hi amp 200amp fuse in my fuse block. when i compared the 2 fuses the metal runnin through the middle of the fuses were completely different. the metal insdie teh 200amp fuse was almost double the size of the 300amps. my question is are there cheap fuses out there, or is the 200amp fuse just much better quality. and my other question i had was if im running 265amps worth of current, and the 300 amp fuse is really rated lower, will it pop the fuse the moment need that high of current, or will it just limit the current draw through the fuse. the reason for this question is it seemd like when i was running only 1 amp to 1 sub with the 200amp fuse my 1 sub seemed to hit alot harder than it does with both subs and amps hooked up(theyre in seperate chambers).

yes, there are cheap fuses out there

your fuse will only pop if you ever draw more current than what your fuses is rated at...doesnt limit the current draw...well, i mean it limits it up to whatever your fuse is rated at...

are the gains set the same on both amps?

i likes me some audio stuff...

yes, there are cheap fuses out there

your fuse will only pop if you ever draw more current than what your fuses is rated at...doesnt limit the current draw...well, i mean it limits it up to whatever your fuse is rated at...

are the gains set the same on both amps?

yea teh amps are set exactly the same. so would i be better off jus usin the 200 amp fuse since the metal strand is double the size of the 300 amp one till i can buy a fuse of quality? and where can i get one to ensure its of quality. oh and is usin a cap a good way of monitorin your voltage since theyre supposed to never drop below or go above w.e the battery is at?

Archived