Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Facebook audio pages


Brian Mizell

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just have to rant over this, I'm old school (i guess, I got into this in 1986) at any rate. I just wanted to rant over the continuous bashing that people do on Facebook to each other and on name brands.

Also it blows my mind as the the amount of ignorance that people have about things.

#1... you just cant run 7000 watts RMS into a sub thats rated at 3000 RMS, and especially if that sub is supposed to be in a box with a volume of say 2.8 cubic feet, but its placed in a box thats 11 cubic feet and has the wrong port dimensions plus its way over powered with an amp thats rated at 7000 watts @ 10% THD.

Wouldn't it be better to have an amp that put out say 700 watts at 1% THD ( I prefer to have 500 Watts RMS at 0.05% THD and 500 or better dampening pushing a sub that's rated at 425 watts RMS. but that's just me, I dont compete, and I'm not into SPL. I like SQ)

These people do these ignorant things and then when it blows, or the VC smokes, or the surround comes unglued, or the VC starts to sound like a cow bell ringing each time the bass hits. They start talking shit about the sub.


Also they claim how good Tantric Subs are. but I can't seem to get these guys to communicate with me about their T/S parameters so that I can design an enclosure for someone.

Then when I say something like if you would go with a reputable name brand such as JL, Fosgate, or some like them..... and stick with the recommended enclosure sizes and power handling...... Especially if your new to this...... then they wouldn't have problems.

Only thing that could remotely go wrong is if they wired it wrong or had and under sized alternator.

Posted

If Im not mistaken Tantric subs are given T/S params upon request as they are built since they are built by hand. I feel your point kinda but all the brands you see being ran are a lot of the times more affordable than the over inflated prices from Rockford or JL. I love me some RF but their prices are up there. If you're into SQ then there is really no way for you to understand the mind set of someone wanting to get obscenely loud.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log


1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Posted

If Im not mistaken Tantric subs are given T/S params upon request as they are built since they are built by hand. I feel your point kinda but all the brands you see being ran are a lot of the times more affordable than the over inflated prices from Rockford or JL. I love me some RF but their prices are up there. If you're into SQ then there is really no way for you to understand the mind set of someone wanting to get obscenely loud.

I somewhat understand it, I like loud.maybe not 159 dB loud, but I like loud...... I just prefer loud with sound quality.

Posted

I don't mind giving info to anyone but they have to get ahold of ME and ask ME .....if no one asks me for info then I cant give it and ive never been contacted directly about t/s and not given them no matter how I feel on the subject...lol...

so im curious....who did you talk to at tantric that wouldn't give you tsp

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4054 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...