Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer box 2x15 Gladen SQX

Kotoma

Hello!

I have been lurking this forum for quite some time and finally I have decided to get started on my own build!

But I need some help with box design, here are the measurements I want to work with:

90cm Width (35.4 inch)

50cm Height (19.6 inch)

40-55cm Depth (15.7-21.6 inch)

Here is the link to the sub's I will be mounting: http://www.gladen.com/GladenWooferPDFs/SQX15.pdf

I want the sub's to be top mounted because of looks and I'm going to build some panel over the box and back compartment to hide cables and stuff.

Thank you in advance for any help!

2 x DD Redline 818

2 x DD m2b

1 x Gladen SQX 165 Component set

Sony DSX-S3000BTX

What vehicle and amp.

A Volkswagen Golf MK2 91 model, amplifier is Rockford Fosgate T-1500 BDCP rated @ 1853W RMS.

2 x DD Redline 818

2 x DD m2b

Sony DSX-S3000BTX

On 18 mm wood (which is what you should have available) the box dimensions you give are insufficient, see if you can manage to get some more space, they expect about 3.3 cubic feet net per sub minimum per sub ported.

That is all the space I have for this car, I have measured that 90x50x50 is the max I can have. How is it going to be with these measurements?

2 x DD Redline 818

2 x DD m2b

Sony DSX-S3000BTX

52x90x52 with 2 6" round ports (which save space) you would be at 6.4 cubic feet tuned to 38.5Hz they state minimum net airspace of 6.6 cubic feet, so you are still low, you could do a slanted box to take the space behind the backseats like this and gain some space:

SUPU12SLANTED_zps6e906f2c.jpg

52x90x52 with 2 6" round ports (which save space) you would be at 6.4 cubic feet tuned to 38.5Hz they state minimum net airspace of 6.6 cubic feet, so you are still low, you could do a slanted box to take the space behind the backseats like this and gain some space:

SUPU12SLANTED_zps6e906f2c.jpg

Thank you so much! I will take this and see what I can make of it :) I only have a jigsaw so i probably have to sand alot!

2 x DD Redline 818

2 x DD m2b

Sony DSX-S3000BTX

Archived