Sonic Electronix

Anyone Use The Scosche Install Program

I've really been thinking of paying the $500 to have it as that’s what a lot of shops have told me they use.

I wanted to go with Metra but have been told they don't make a program yet don't know if that is true or not(Make Harness’s and Mounting kits for 60 years but don't have a install program)BS FLAG :rolleyes:

Also have been told Installogy is very good to but thought that was only for RS/ALARMS

really looking for a good one to tell me where the VSS wire is at where the factory amp is located at etc

So for the shop owners could you please tell me what you use if you don't use the Scosche one

Moving where the Money Trees are

Metra doesn't have a online program, i don't know why you would call bs on that?

scosche's is decent... but i wouldn't pay 500bucks a year for it... i used to always just use best buy's login, until they changed it.

At our shop all we use is directechs... truthfully in my opinion that is all one should need. If you can't track down a factory amp or figure out how to take a dash apart you have problems.

Most the time metra if you call them can give you pinouts for factory amps and stuff, they just fax it to you.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Metra doesn't have a online program, i don't know why you would call bs on that?

scosche's is decent... but i wouldn't pay 500bucks a year for it... i used to always just use best buy's login, until they changed it.

At our shop all we use is directechs... truthfully in my opinion that is all one should need. If you can't track down a factory amp or figure out how to take a dash apart you have problems.

Most the time metra if you call them can give you pinouts for factory amps and stuff, they just fax it to you.

Really so it is true, I just thought it was BS a company that big and all now

DEI I never thought of them

Have you your-self ever used Installogy by Auto page though

Yeah to be honest its to really to be used to fine the factory amps to bypass them what the speaker colours are etc

The Brand new 08-09 model years how the Door panels come of before having to wait or even worse breaking a clip off or something and having to pay $25 or more because its a 2009 and the parts or a lot to get. Just really saving my ass that was all

[shyne151

Would you know of any other good programs that are used in the Industry for this type of stuff thanks/b]

Gazoo I have always used a website called installdr.com

www.installdr.com

For the do it yourselfer that is what I have used to color code wires and such. I also have a cd i Aquired that has a ton of wiring harness info and alarm tech info on it. As far as newer model cars I am not sure. If you are more specific to which vehicle you are working on I might can scrounge up some info for you.

Really so it is true, I just thought it was BS a company that big and all now

DEI I never thought of them

Have you your-self ever used Installogy by Auto page though

Yeah to be honest its to really to be used to fine the factory amps to bypass them what the speaker colours are etc

The Brand new 08-09 model years how the Door panels come of before having to wait or even worse breaking a clip off or something and having to pay $25 or more because its a 2009 and the parts or a lot to get. Just really saving my ass that was all

[shyne151

Would you know of any other good programs that are used in the Industry for this type of stuff thanks/b]

When I was at circuit city back in the day i wanna say ccroadshop.com(the tech site) was by wiremagic... who makes installogy... *i think*... god i wish I could remember I know it was a canadian company that ran it... it was decent but most the dash disassembles and door panel removals were scans of metra or scosche pages.

But truthfully directechs is worth it... and if you are going to be doing alarms and remote starts... you might as well become a directed dealer. Since they launched the new directechs they have a TON more audio information(wire colors and such)... and they always have vss wires listed.

*edit* and just an FYI most the time scosche didn't even have most new cars!

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

When I was at circuit city back in the day i wanna say ccroadshop.com(the tech site) was by wiremagic... who makes installogy... *i think*... god i wish I could remember I know it was a canadian company that ran it... it was decent but most the dash disassembles and door panel removals were scans of metra or scosche pages.

But truthfully directechs is worth it... and if you are going to be doing alarms and remote starts... you might as well become a directed dealer. Since they launched the new directechs they have a TON more audio information(wire colors and such)... and they always have vss wires listed.

*edit* and just an FYI most the time scosche didn't even have most new cars!

I use AstroChart for all the alarm and RS installs I do(NO VSS wire is given)

Just haven't found a good one for Hu installs etc

and that Wire Magic does sound damn familer

I was on the DEI site before they changed it and Im scared LOL to sign up again as I'm not a Dealer of them anymore

Archived