Sonic Electronix

***2005 Chevrolet Corvette System?***

What's up guys. Well I recently bought a 2005 Chevy Corvette, and I am looking to upgrade the factory system. Can't hear it with the top off!!!! Lol It's Bose, yuk. I think the mids in the doors are 8"? Any way I am looking I upgrade, but keep the factory unit. No bass at this time. Should I get 8" mids or 6.5? And a 4 channel four the front stage and rear fill. Feel free to post pics of corvette systems. Here is a pic of my love!!! image_zps5687fd5d.jpgimage_zps85c7774d.jpg

Its a little more complicated than that

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Don't quote me, N8 surely knows more than I do, but the way Bose used to work was having an amp right near each speaker(mid to late 90s Corvettes were this way). I realize this would all be being replaced and everything run on your own amp. I think a good factory integration unit like the Fosgate 360 may me a good option

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

@CleanSierra thanks a lot man. It's a 2005 with 50k on the clock. Saved my pennies for a while. Lmao Yes as a matter of fact it is. :P 6-speed mated to a LS2 and a Corsa exhaust. No other mods as of yet.

I wasn't a huge fan of Corsa(since everyone had it, it seemed) until my dad had his '01 with Corsa and twin cold air intake. It was a mean sounding car, I bet yours is too.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I honestly dont knownif its a singlle amp or individual amps in this. Id check vette forums for that info. Amp bypass is usually a pain in the ass unless you got pinouts for the smp plugs etc

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

@CleanSeirra Yeah I am thinking a 360.3 or a LCi7 or something. Should I do 8" mids or 6.5"? The only real obstacle will be the Bose, but it won't be that big of a deal I am sure. I just want to get all the details and plan of attack together before I start tearing into it. And yeah, I bought it with the Corsa, I like it. It's not crazy loud inside the car, even under heavy acceleration, but it has an aggressive "sporty/exotic?" sound.

Archived