After a long day, this is how it ends......

So I have finally started to order bits and pieces of a system I am putting together for my truck and one of the bigger pieces was supposed to arrive today! It is a CT sounds 2500.1 !!! I was so excited as this is my first REAL amplifier. So being Saturday I figured I could clean up the garage a bit and get all my tools organized so I can have a nice tidy workspace when I start to get this project rolling. A little after 1 PM I started to get pretty damn hungry so I run and grab a burger (wife is in Dallas visiting family) and hope I dont miss the Fed Ex truck. I get back home and phew, nothing. So I continue my work in the garage for a while till it gets dark so and close up shop. About 7:30 I decide to go have a few beers with some friends and arrive back home around 10 pm only to see a damn Fed Ex tag hanging on the door that says my package was delivered and left on the porch. I look around and no package..... Come in and check the Fed Ex tracking and sure enough it says delivered. I go back outside and make sure the guy didnt put it somewhere that I didnt look, by the garage or in the back of my old truck, and nope no package. I decided to call them to see what was going on and they said it shows it was delivered and they ask if I want to file a claim. I said hell yeah I do that is an $800 dollar package. Give him all the info he needs and ask why no signature was required on something of this value... He tells me the shipper didnt designate that the package was worth over $500 so no signature is required blah blah blah. So I am waiting to hear back from a local rep. on Monday.

In the mean time I do have a few questions for anyone that may read my rant.....

Has this ever happened to you?

Why does Fed Ex operate so late on a Saturday?

What are the chances that my package was actually delivered and taken from the porch in that short time?

(I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood)

How long does it usually take them to get this type of incident sorted out?

Well thanks for reading, hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!

This happened to my mom except with an iPad, It took about a month and a half to get the iPad she ordered, FedEx does like to put packages in bushes too

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

have you checked the back yard?

fedex has been at my house at 8pm thats why i stay at home till i see an update on the tracking

Just checked the backyard, its not there.

I should have known better than to leave I just really didnt expect them to deliver so late but live and learn I guess. Most things I order ship UPS and I guess I am pretty close to the start of that drivers route as they are normally here by lunch time.

This happened to my mom except with an iPad, It took about a month and a half to get the iPad she ordered, FedEx does like to put packages in bushes too

No bushes in my front yard. I do have a small wall at the entry so if it was places on the porch you wouldnt be able to see it from the street. Like I said I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood and I doubt someone saw it sitting there and snagged it, but who knows. I just hope it doesnt take a month and a half to get this sorted out. I wanted to see that amp in person so bad! I guess its more picture gazing for me.....

hope that driver didnt pull a shady move by saying he delivered and taking it somewhere else to pick up later..

edit: the Saturday before Christmas i had a Fi Sp4 a wire crimper and a sundown sa 8v.2.. the Fi sub is in a clear box just like the crimper but the sundown sa8v.2 is in a box with big letter that reads Soundown audio.. the driver didnt want to carry my boxes so he asked me to help.. he told me he had 2 packages for me and i replied to him that i should have 3.. he hands me the fi sub and crimper then i repeat i was missing one.. he looks at his scanner and says yes you do but i cant find it, they must have misplaced it. since i was by the rear door because he made me carry my packages i seen the box that read sundown audio.. i told him that should be it so he hands it to me.. if i wouldnt have seen it or had someone else wait for it he would have pulled a fast one and keeping the sundown sub.. pretty sure he would have entered 3 packages delivered and screwed me out of a sub

hope that driver didnt pull a shady move by saying he delivered and taking it somewhere else to pick up later..

edit: the Saturday before Christmas i had a Fi Sp4 a wire crimper and a sundown sa 8v.2.. the Fi sub is in a clear box just like the crimper but the sundown sa8v.2 is in a box with big letter that reads Soundown audio.. the driver didnt want to carry my boxes so he asked me to help.. he told me he had 2 packages for me and i replied to him that i should have 3.. he hands me the fi sub and crimper then i repeat i was missing one.. he looks at his scanner and says yes you do but i cant find it, they must have misplaced it. since i was by the rear door because he made me carry my packages i seen the box that read sundown audio.. i told him that should be it so he hands it to me.. if i wouldnt have seen it or had someone else wait for it he would have pulled a fast one and keeping the sundown sub.. pretty sure he would have entered 3 packages delivered and screwed me out of a sub

Damn thats some pretty shady stuff right there, I guess you got pretty lucky on that one. Does anyone happen to know what kind of boxes CT Sounds ships their orders in? Is it clear that there is audio equipment in the box? I really hope this isnt what happened I have quite a few orders on the way from SHCA and another package from CT Sounds and then whatever subs I plan to run too.

Weird that they left a note stating they left the package on the porch. I never receive a note when they leave stuff on the porch.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

They working late cuz holidays. A lot of packages

I'd stay home all day or made sure someone was home with something like that lol

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived