I think all ford pcm alts suck. imo, I can live with a battery light on. that's why im going external with an adjustable regulator.

Me too, def not a vehicle set-up for car audio haha. Thats def a good idea.

badass android carputer!!! I love it :good:

Thanks man. Still needs some more work to make it look cleaner though. Thought it would be a cool idea.

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

Audiopipe, Sundown, Focal, XS Power....

Here is the picture of my last box I was talking about in the above posts... I am still going to keep this box. I will most likely put some Zv4s in it on some real power, but thats in the future when I get the alt situation fixed and of course the money for one haha.

20140205_164304_zps1f0dd5a5.jpg

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

Here is the new new.... You might laugh but whatever, I like it lol. I had a lot of black gorilla tape, I ran out of black paint and barely took pictures lol.

20140205_164250_zpsb75b0a64.jpg

Put some extra support screws in..

20140205_164256_zpsc1344a19.jpg

This is what I was talking about, looks different but I kind of like it, haha. Anyways this is the final product..

btw you cant see the bare in the car.

20140207_154738_zpsfe4a2237.jpg

20140207_154912_zps84f7e76a.jpg

20140207_154846_zps4fc467f1.jpg

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

20140207_151623.jpg

You mean you don't like seeing this when you are running nothing in your car and have 2 agm batts in it? I Hate the way this thing randomly charges when it wants to. On the way to work it was sitting at 15 all the way, and this shit all the way home. somebody needs to clean my car.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

20140207_151623.jpg

You mean you don't like seeing this when you are running nothing in your car and have 2 agm batts in it? I Hate the way this thing randomly charges when it wants to. On the way to work it was sitting at 15 all the way, and this shit all the way home. somebody needs to clean my car.

Yes! That's what I hate, for a while before I studied up on the new alts I thought mine went bad! It's good for gas but not for audio. I like that idea btw awesome spot to put the voltmeter. I'm not too sure if this works or not but the other day I was messing with my headlights..... Long story short, my car was charging at about 12.4 and when I turned my headlights on it started charging at 13.5. Maybe it was just a fluke but I did it again about an hour apart of that and it went up again. But I do love the cold weather when my charging voltage is about 15 but hate when I'm not charging and the car is on..

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

Maybe idle was too low for alt to turn on? nvm,

anyways, any PCM controlled alt sucks, my voltage is in the 13's when hot with nothing on except vehicle running etc. Not a great voltage to start out at and be the highest....fucking pcm controlled shit

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I also found if I turn the fan all the way up (heat or AC) the voltage increases. You would think the stupid car would recognize the drain the amp is pulling and bump it up a little but no.

CARS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Maybe idle was too low for alt to turn on? nvm,

anyways, any PCM controlled alt sucks, my voltage is in the 13's when hot with nothing on except vehicle running etc. Not a great voltage to start out at and be the highest....fucking pcm controlled shit

Idle is always the same at the different charging.. I've come to the realization that my alt is like my dog (Bernese Mountain Dog), Loves the winter and plays all the time, hates the summer and is very lazy during it haha

I also found if I turn the fan all the way up (heat or AC) the voltage increases. You would think the stupid car would recognize the drain the amp is pulling and bump it up a little but no.

I noticed that too. I'm hoping ordering an alt from mechman can maybe change it

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

stupid double post

let me know how that alt goes. I don't know if I'll get one though. I'll be trading the car in within a couple years.

CARS

stupid double post

let me know how that alt goes. I don't know if I'll get one though. I'll be trading the car in within a couple years.

Will do, but it will probably be a while from now.

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

Archived