kcarter1227 Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 I checked their site and a DC lvl 2 12 requires .75 cubic feet sealed and 1.25 cubic feet ported. Now most sealed 12's I'm familiar with (of decent quality) like 1-1.2 cubes a piece sealed... I built a very nice strong MDF box for under the back seat of my Supercrew f150 after bracing and displacement of subs it gives 1.24 cubes per each chamber for 2 12's.. (I've used this box with 3 other setups) My question is, in that airspace what would they like? Sealed or ported. I'm planning on running 750 watts to each. Should I port them ? I know it asks for that but 1.25 sounds REALLY small for 12's. Team Lethal Pressure Vice-President 2002 Ford F-150 Supercrew -Taramps DSP 3000 (subs) -Taramps DSP 1600 (mids) -8 Skar Audio FSX Mids -4 Skar Audio VX35-ST Super Tweets -85' of 1/0 EB Flex Welding Cable -XS D3400 under the hood -Datasafe 12HX505-FR in the rear (110 ah) -Pioneer AVH-2700BS -2 Soundqubed HDS315's -4th order Blowthrough -100 Sq. feet of deadener (Qmat, GP STFU, Noico) -147.8 @ 40 Hz -Top 5 in 904 SPL Outlaw's Walled List -Rebuild on the way
Miguels Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 i would do ported. sealed you run the risk of not smelling the coils when you are overheating them my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Joe X Posted January 6, 2014 Report Posted January 6, 2014 if you port your existing enclosure you will no longer have 1.25 cubes net per chamber due to port displacement so I guess stay sealed or change of project.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.