Radio Antenna Ground Loop?

Hey everybody. I have recently installed a clarion XC1410 4 channel amp in my dash right below my kenwood excelon. Kenwood and 4 channel are on the same ground. Before the install I was using the kenwood's internal amp to drive my speakers. The first time I hooked up the amp I had white noise and alt whine. I ditched my cheap unshielded RCA and bought some Monster XLN's and lost the whine. I have traced the alt whine to the radio antenna. 0 whine on the radio with the antenna disconnected. Faint whine noticeable when music isn't playing with it connected. Am I getting a ground loop through the radio antenna? Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Vehicle is a Toyota Camry . thanks for the help.

i install those mini 4 channels all the time, I only use the same power and grounds for the Alpine units. For the Clarions I use separate power and grounds usually a 10 gauge size. The first couple I did had the same issue you're experiencing but when I change wiring and grounded to a different location the noise went away. I don't know if this will help you but it helped me. First i'd try grounding in a different location than go from there.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

i install those mini 4 channels all the time, I only use the same power and grounds for the Alpine units. For the Clarions I use separate power and grounds usually a 10 gauge size. The first couple I did had the same issue you're experiencing but when I change wiring and grounded to a different location the noise went away. I don't know if this will help you but it helped me. First i'd try grounding in a different location than go from there.

I used the factory ground because it was already set for an amp. (my clarion replaced a factory amp) But I will definitely try this out!

Archived