Sundown Audio

Stetsom Amps

jmsonoma03

TommyK isnt a "Sundown Guy" so get your facts straight before you assume

so get your facts straight before you assume

well i thought i would fit in since it seems like all you guys are doing is assumeing what you HEARD is right

Tommyk

there is test result after test showing the 7kd will do just that so were are your tests showing that it wont with those parts???

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

post one thing i stated please that backs up what your saying........

you cant because i havent said anything rather then getting the facts straight about what seems to always get lumped in. As i stated before i care less if Stetsom is the worse or best company in the world, i dont run them so i dont care. I've only commented when someone feels the need to make an uneducated biased comment about the company that i represent, much like i'll assume your doing by sticking by Stetsom through this whole thread.

Doesn't this just prove KingSUV's point that all the hate is coming through personal experience with Alan.

If you don't believe the person selling the product, then you aren't going to buy it. That's common business/sales knowledge.

You have to sell yourself, not just the product.

Alan dante is an asshole and any company that supports such a rude, arrogant, egotistical assbag such as him doesn't deserve respect. I don't care if they make the most superb products in the world. Ask any person not associated with stetsom/alan himself and they will all tell you the same thing.

Also, you avoided my component question once again. How can you justify building a "7000 watt" amp with one set of 1/0 inputs, a miniscule number of fets, and 350 amps of internal fusing? That makes absolutely no sense. The components on ONE of the 2k6d's aren't even comparable to a decent 1500 watt amp, yet stetsom claims 3500 out of it?

I'm interested to see the new products. I can only hope they are better than the current amps.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

If you don't believe the person selling the product, then you aren't going to buy it. That's common business/sales knowledge.

You have to sell yourself, not just the product.

Alan dante is an asshole and any company that supports such a rude, arrogant, egotistical assbag such as him doesn't deserve respect. I don't care if they make the most superb products in the world. Ask any person not associated with stetsom/alan himself and they will all tell you the same thing.

Also, you avoided my component question once again. How can you justify building a "7000 watt" amp with one set of 1/0 inputs, a miniscule number of fets, and 350 amps of internal fusing? That makes absolutely no sense. The components on ONE of the 2k6d's aren't even comparable to a decent 1500 watt amp, yet stetsom claims 3500 out of it?

I'm interested to see the new products. I can only hope they are better than the current amps.

well we just use our heads and fab up a lil piece to take 3 1/0's in so your ???? means nothing to me

i dont know why they went with that style... i never asked so i never awnsered you maybe to keep cost down

well we just use our heads and fab up a lil piece to take 3 1/0's in so your ???? means nothing to me

i dont know why they went with that style... i never asked so i never awnsered you maybe to keep cost down

Probably because they couldn't fit it on the case since they shoved two boards into an undersized heatsink.

Hopefully they took care of that problem with the new amps.

You shouldn't have to come up with some ghetto rigged shit just to make sure your amp doesn't melt your wiring.

What about the fets?

350 amps of fusing?

Regardless, I don't care what they change. As long as alan is as vocal about them as he has been, stetsom won't get anywhere near my vehicles. I mean honestly, look at the two loudest guys in the world.

Alan Dante, who goes around the forum bragging about how loud he is and he's the greatest and stetsom is the best, blah blah blah. Not to mention the fact that if you try to ask him a question he gets all arrogant and refuses to answer questions. Hell, I remember one guy at db drag finals that actually CONGRATULATED alan while in the lanes and alan turns to him and says something along the lines of "who are you? Do you even know what's going on here? Why don't you get lost". What kind of bullshit is that? All the kid did is give him props and dante treats him like a piece of shit.

Then you have scott owens. Completely reserved and humble compared to dante, willing to answer anyone's questions, leaves his vehicle wide open, and doesn't go around forcing pioneer down everyone's throats. He doesn't post a bunch of shit on the forums, he just goes to shows and posts his numbers.

Who do you think deserves more respect? Who is the true competitor?

Granted, that really doesn't reflect upon stetsom in terms of their products, but it does reflect upon their company image which is just as (if not more) important.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

Probably because they couldn't fit it on the case since they shoved two boards into an undersized heatsink.

You shouldn't have to come up with some ghetto rigged shit just to make sure your amp doesn't melt your wiring.

What about the fets?

350 amps of fusing?

i dunno how you fab shit up but our shit aint ghetto maybe you should call up stetsom and ask these questions i dont build the fucking amps

i just run em and there the strongest badest amps i have played wit

What about the fets?

350 amps of fusing?

Regardless, I don't care what they change. As long as alan is as vocal about them as he has been, stetsom won't get anywhere near my vehicles. I mean honestly, look at the two loudest guys in the world.

Alan Dante, who goes around the forum bragging about how loud he is and he's the greatest and stetsom is the best, blah blah blah. Not to mention the fact that if you try to ask him a question he gets all arrogant and refuses to answer questions. Hell, I remember one guy at db drag finals that actually CONGRATULATED alan while in the lanes and alan turns to him and says something along the lines of "who are you? Do you even know what's going on here? Why don't you get lost". What kind of bullshit is that? All the kid did is give him props and dante treats him like a piece of shit.

Then you have scott owens. Completely reserved and humble, willing to answer anyone's questions, leaves his vehicle wide open, and doesn't go around forcing pioneer down everyone's throats. He doesn't post a bunch of shit on the forums, he just goes to shows and posts his numbers.

Who do you think deserves more respect? Who is the true competitor?

what does personal shit have to do with the amps??? of course your gonna find some thing you dont like about the amp cause your bring that persnol shit there

he reps the company does not build the shit so rate the amp not the man

i dunno how you fab shit up but our shit aint ghetto maybe you should call up stetsom and ask these questions i dont build the fucking amps

i just run em and there the strongest badest amps i have played wit

Well good for you.

But I would prefer an amp that is properly designed for the power it is supposed to produce.

what does personal shit have to do with the amps??? of course your gonna find some thing you dont like about the amp cause your bring that persnol shit there

he reps the company does not build the shit so rate the amp not the man

Read my edited post.

Company image is just as important as the products themselves.

I read alot about the FETs...

for 1, not all FETs are the same

sitting there counting FETs mean nothing

they draw more current, or less depending on the configuration, and FET model

I know a guy IAM TRYING to buy a damn Mephis 4kw from, and he is a amp guru, mods them all day long, and repairs for local shops in Sac

He took the factory FETs out and soldered in FETs that will draw about 100-120 more amps than factory, and some other mods to keep the amp stable at 1/4ohm

Thats a HUGE increase from the factory specs on this Memphis 4kw

No if he will just knuckle up and sell it to me!!

hahha

So yeah, counting FETs mean NOTHING

to much reading in this thread for me to read it all, my eyes are buggin

oh and PS

The Torroids , power Caps and other components in the Stetsom amp compared to the other look beefier IMO

But I never used any of the amps posted, so I wouldnt know from experience

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived