RowdyMoody Posted January 9, 2014 Report Posted January 9, 2014 Hello, I am here with the hopes that somebody might be able to help me Identify what my 12" Fi sub is. I traded in my two 12" crossfires in their box for it at a pawnshop. Unfortunately the guys at the pawn shop didn't know what series it is, nor did they know any sort of specs on it. I currently have it hooked up to my alpine mrp-m500 amp I had been using for my crossfires, and it sounds great, just as loud as my 2 crossfires were but at a deeper tone. I would love to upgrade to a more powerful amp for this sub, but being as how I don't know exactly what series it is I can't even really guess how much power I can give it. I took it out of the box and there is no sort of label on it to identify the model or specs. I took a picture of it to compare it to others on the Fi website, but it doesn't really match any of the 12's they have. I think it must be an older model or possibly one of the discontinued BTL 12's. This is my first Fi sub, so I don't know much about them, I do know that they are incredible - so I made the trade regardless of not knowing exactly what it is. Here is a pic of it, not sure if it will help identify it or not, but hopefully so. Any input is greatly appreciated - Thanks!
MACnonsence6 Posted January 9, 2014 Report Posted January 9, 2014 fi btl ufo style I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.
boom50cal Posted January 9, 2014 Report Posted January 9, 2014 fi btl ufo style definitely a ufo btl. You got a badass sub right there. Could easily take a solid and clean 2k daily. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
MACnonsence6 Posted January 9, 2014 Report Posted January 9, 2014 there getting hard to find originally thats what i wanted to do with my build is 2 of those. had the oportunity to get a pair on here but they were different so i didnt. gonna run some destroyers instead idk how theyll compare hopefully nicely I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.
RowdyMoody Posted January 9, 2014 Author Report Posted January 9, 2014 Awesome, I was hoping it would be a BTL . I don't imagine it is as simple as looking at it to tell how many ohms it is? I imagine I will need to find this out also before planning on making an amp purchase? Also,any recommendations on an amp for this guy? Hoping to keep price on amp at 300 or less : / but I can and will save for a bit to buy better if I must.
MACnonsence6 Posted January 9, 2014 Report Posted January 9, 2014 you can check impedence with a multimeter. and for that price id look into ct sounds or a used amp I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.
boom50cal Posted January 9, 2014 Report Posted January 9, 2014 A used AQ2200, BC2000D, or SAZ-2000D. Or a SAZ-1500D On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Berries53 Posted January 9, 2014 Report Posted January 9, 2014 man great sub. ive been tryin to find that exact sub for a couple months now lol i had to settle with a bl. if you eve decide to sell it hit me up lol
sbg Posted January 9, 2014 Report Posted January 9, 2014 Bad ass UFO btl, looks like it's had a recone before 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
RowdyMoody Posted January 9, 2014 Author Report Posted January 9, 2014 Alright cool. Guess I will put a multimeter on it to find out the impedance of it so I can start scurrying through Craigslist, Ebay, and pawn shops for a proper amp. Thanks for all of your input guys, You did me a huge favor and I appreciate it
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.