OKAY on my last nerve...

i had the same problem man! jvc deck miss wiring! i Was driving and got cut off when i slammed on the brakes my shit just stopped playing! let off the brake and it started again. i thought maybe the deck skipped because of how hard i stopped. nope this kept happening until i had a constant miss wiring screen. i did the same thing you did, disconnect the bat reset deck check ground.... everything for weeks! finally one day me all pissed off i start going thru everything with radio on(at this point I'm ready to brake stuff) and i rest my hand on the rear deck lid and boom music comes on full blast subs and all scares the shit out of me! i get all exited and move my hand and it stops! put hand back starts. so i rip off rear deck lid and start running threw wires. end result i had a tear in a wire touching the metal on the car. i Hope this helps man good luck in your search really! i was about to sell the car and everything in it. i was pissed $3,000 worth of gear i couldn't enjoy!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I have that same problem with my Jvc radio it plays them all of a sudden it stooped and I can hear some a noise like a switch in a regulator in the fuse Panell you no those black square things beside the say 20 amp fuse. Do you no what I'm talking about. I switched them out but stipple does the same thing so I just took it out and now I don't have a radio at all. This made me so mad I just let the car sit their and never drive it again. I still look at the car everyday sitting in my garrage. Still mad as hell and its been almost two years. Since I drove it or heard it play.

Factory amp? Misfiring means bad or shorted speaker I check each one with power probe to see is it shows ground but if it's factory amplified could be factory amp

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Jvcs are known to be very sensitive to speaker issues if you are using the internal amp. Try disconnecting one speaker at a time and cycling power to the vehicle each time to reset the head unit. You may have a speaker lead grounding out

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived