OKAY on my last nerve...

Posted recently about my JVC HU giving me a miswiring screen. Well i ran the grounds for the speaker wires and that fixed it.....for a week, driving home one night and then all of a sudden that miswiring screen popped up again. Dont know how or why it lasted a week with no problems then came on again but unfortunately it did. Tried resetting it by disconnecting the battery and that screen comes up automatically. NO IDEA wtf is going on. Could the HU be wasted since that screen comes up automatically cause it never did that before when it would trip the MISWIRING screen. LMK GUYS!! Please give me input.

Here is the link to the original post so you can see where I have came from if you would like

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180513-getting-frustrated-advice-please/#entry2671958

Thanks,

Dylan

2004 Audi A4 Ultrasport 3.0

JVC KW-AV60BT

Alpine MRV500

Polk Audio 10"

Keep Calm And Chive On

KCCO

That sounds like a headache. I have several buddies with different manufactured double din's. Each one has a glitch. For that reason, I stick to a standard head unit. Good luck bro.

do you have rear speakers and are they still hooked up? (not the sub)

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

do you have rear speakers and are they still hooked up? (not the sub)

yeah they are still hooked up. In a 04 Audi A4. Just dont make sense why it worked for a week then quit and wont come out of MISWIRING.

JVC KW-AV60BT

Alpine MRV500

Polk Audio 10"

Keep Calm And Chive On

KCCO

Do any speakers 'pop' or anything? To me, it seems like you might have a speaker wire still grounding out, or a bad speaker. You could disconnect one speaker at a time and see if the deck works properly. If so, then some where either in the wire, or the speaker itself is no bueno.

This would be the only reason I could think of why it is hit or miss on when it 'works'.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Some where your speaker wiring is making contact with metal. I know its a PITA but I deal with that quite a bit. You need to check over all wiring that was messed with and make sure each connection is not exposed. As a precaution when I encounter this, I isolate each wire and wrap with electrical tape 2" on each size of any connection and at speaker connections I heat shrink over the connection.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

no speaker popping and all connections are heat shrinked and soldered. theres no way a wire is touching each other. I guess i will go back through all of the 348 ft of wire :(

JVC KW-AV60BT

Alpine MRV500

Polk Audio 10"

Keep Calm And Chive On

KCCO

Did you use stock wiring?

I always use new wire on all my cars to prevent any kind of problems with stock wiring, and to leave it as is so in the event i ever have to reuse it is all there and ready to go.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Before going through all wire, try just disconnecting one speaker at a time (ossibly from the deck). If the deck works after that, then search that wire. Just because they are soldered and heat shrinked, doesn't mean it can't be pinched else where. Especially when removing panels, etc.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Archived