Sbn Build: 2006 Jeep Wrangler **new Pics Added**

Damn yesterday was quite the day.. knocked out quite a bit of work but still have much work left to do, today I will finish up running all the wires so then it'll be a matter of just hooking up the amps and the last 10 speakers ( 2 DD 512 subs, 4 2in 250w Power Acoustic tweeters, 4 6.5in JVC's), got the factory replacement speakers in and wired just waiting to be hooked up to the amp.

all the boxes are finally built just now need to be sanded, primed, painted, and installed,

ONE note that i must add..the side post for the yellow tops help greatly so u can connect your main leads to ur battery without taking up space on your top post for your amp connections, HOWEVER!!!! side post are a major pain in the behind!!! last night was the first time i had ever stripped out a post bolt on one and that was most annoying moments!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif but that is all taken care of now.. connections under the hood are complete :) .. Oh did you know people at the parts stores look at you funny when u tell them u need terminals for 1/0awg to install in your car. they were like are you sure you have 1/0. gosh most aggravating when they question you like that, especially when you told them when you first approach them and already put out there that this IS NOT stock wiring. i know working in a retail store you get alot of dumbass people you try to buy something that they have not a clue what they are buying, but dang come on!!

anyways thats my update on what happened yesterday.. today im relaxing with the family for Easter, probably hit the build again later this afternoon, but for all of yall hope yall have a happy easter. :excl::)

Oh other note sorry to hear bout burrito, unfortunately i have yet to talk with you and dont know you yet but from reading the post by meade you are a grand fella. Sorry to hear about you accident!! i ride fourwheelers (ATV) everyday and those accidents are some of the roughest ones.. but HOPE YOU GET OVER THIS WELL!!! PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!!!!

JAWJA COUNTRY BOYS CAN BOOM TOO!!!!

O8 CHEVY SILVERADO 5.3 VORTEC

LT EXT CAB

6.5" JVC COAXIAL DOOR SPEAKERS ALL THE WAY AROUND

4 250W 2"POWER ACOUSTIK TWEETERS

SOON TO BE 2 DD512'S IN A 5 CUBE BOX VENTED. POWERED BY A CRUNCH 1400X 2

SOON TO ALSO AMP UP THE DOOR SPEAKERS WHEN THE SUBS ARE ADDED

MUCH MORE ON THE DRAWING BOARD FOR THIS TRUCK!!!!!

okay tonight we got the RCA's ( all three sets ) ran and the 2 gauge ran from batt and stuff and the amp rack is close to being finished. due to space issues it is gonna be different then originally planned.

heres the pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

thanx for the thought on that.. but there is no other place to mount it and i really doubt someone is gonna steal it.. would be that easy.. this jeep is a bolt down hard top... someone would have to break out a window to get to it.. and have to have more than just plain jane screw driver to take it out..

this aint my first jeep have had two others.. another hard top and other was a soft top.. so i have learned to make sure anything that is inside either fit in the locking compartments or be bolted down pretty damn good.. and this aint my first trip to daytona so i know wuts its like down there.. but thanx for the compliments and the concern..

This is willie and not dustin btw.. forgot he left it still logged on to his account..

Yep, I have owned a few jeeps myself, and a samurai as well, just to level the playing field of " topless" SUVs. It is not that somebody would break in just for the CB, but the fact that it would get them looking, and make em curious. And there are several places to hide it, you just have to get a bit more creative. You really are not "hiding" it, cause the dead give away would be the antenna on the back of the truck. But, out of sight out of mind I guess. I have always a been a bit paranoid ever since my brothers car got broken into when we were in high school. And it was sitting in the driveway, middle of the afternoon, in a very nice neighborhood in savannah. Maybe it was somebody he knew, maybe not. either way , a window is only glass and it is no barrier to theft. I always used the tuffy boxes in my jeeps simply because I would not lock my doors, so that my top wouldn't be cut up. I had a attempt at oglethorpe mall in 2000, in my 99 TJ , and the pry marks were as far as they got, my 10" sub, my pair of 6x9s , and my amp, deck and wiring remained untouched, because the would be robber probably just didn't notice.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

ah .. yea you gotta very good point.. if i had the money i want to get this overhead console i found in this accessory catalog i have that i can mount the CB in and it locks up .. but at the moment i dont have that kinda cash.. i just got laid off my job the week b4 we actually started this build.. but yea.. um i usually keep my windows rolled up .. and all my windows in the jeep have a really dark tint on them so during the day time its even hard to see in it with them all rolled up .. but the cb wouldnt be such a dead give away that its there if it wasnt for the bright as zinc plate back on it.. so tomorrow while i was doin the finishing up on my speaker boxes i was thinkin about building some kinda cover that places over it and then paint it flat black so then maybe it would be so noticeable .. at least that would be the idea.. lol if i had my 94 jeep mountin and hiding it would be no problem.. lots of open places in it.. YJ's were great on that.. but these newer TJ's have like no reall open place to mount a full sized large frame CB.. idk.. but i know for the time being thats where im gonna have to leave it.. if you have ne other ideas please send them forward... i would greatly appreciate them.. maybe u'll see something that im overlooking..

JAWJA COUNTRY BOYS CAN BOOM TOO!!!!

O8 CHEVY SILVERADO 5.3 VORTEC

LT EXT CAB

6.5" JVC COAXIAL DOOR SPEAKERS ALL THE WAY AROUND

4 250W 2"POWER ACOUSTIK TWEETERS

SOON TO BE 2 DD512'S IN A 5 CUBE BOX VENTED. POWERED BY A CRUNCH 1400X 2

SOON TO ALSO AMP UP THE DOOR SPEAKERS WHEN THE SUBS ARE ADDED

MUCH MORE ON THE DRAWING BOARD FOR THIS TRUCK!!!!!

Archived