Sonic Electronix

I like the tweeters I have and I have given a pair of DXI 10"s 1k And they couldn't handle it. They would bottom out.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I used to run a pair of Polk DB1240s and they were quite bad. Bottomed out very quickly even with low power, and they had tiny little magnets. The MM series I've heard better things about.

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor

Polk audio is a maxxsonics brand if I'm not mistaken… If they're anything like hifonics it certainly isn't junk equipment but its also not the top of the line by any means.

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

im fairly sure polk isn't a maxxsonics brand. I have loved 90% of all there products i have owned from home or marine/automotive, their newer d class amps give you a lot of bang for your buck, small foot print... db series components have a small magnet on the mid for their rms and feel cheaply made, yet still sound good (135$ a set, you get what u pay for), the db tweeter is good, all products are marine ratted (plus for 4x4's or leaky vehicles, boats etc.) most of their products say there compliant, they usually give you your moneys worth, seem to always sound good, their lower end stuff cant take alot of power or even rms, i have the best luck with their momo stuff (able to push past rms, good build quality) JBL (and other companies) kicks their ass for the money (jbl p660c's vs polk db6501)

Archived