iceman1575 Posted January 11, 2014 Report Posted January 11, 2014 Anyone have an idea how much room (without modifying the seats) there is in a 2006 Silverado HD Crew Cab pickup? I'm trying to make my mind up on what build I want to do, nothing too crazy, but I'm trying to figure out how much room I can work with in the truck. POTATO!
ChevyBoy95 Posted January 12, 2014 Report Posted January 12, 2014 ummm.... you could take a tape measure and find out..... since you have the truck..... Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
iceman1575 Posted January 12, 2014 Author Report Posted January 12, 2014 Give this a look I've seen that, but that's for extended cab trucks, not crew cab trucks. ummm.... you could take a tape measure and find out..... since you have the truck..... Already have. Just wanted to see if anyone else has been in the same predicament as me and seen what they have come up with... POTATO!
Jeremy Perfect Posted January 12, 2014 Report Posted January 12, 2014 I have the same truck. I'm putting 2" spacer under the rear seat with two DC XL facing down ported. Amps behind the seat.
zayres29 Posted January 12, 2014 Report Posted January 12, 2014 theres a shit load of room in the bed no mods to the seats necessary Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
Jeremy Perfect Posted January 12, 2014 Report Posted January 12, 2014 theres a shit load of room in the bed no mods to the seats necessary Yea I thought about that but I need my bed to pull my fifth wheel, tool box and extra fuel cell. Would use back seat but need that also.
Bodied B2600ZX Posted January 13, 2014 Report Posted January 13, 2014 How much different are ext cabs and crew cabs under the seat? I have an ext cab but I've never looked inside of a crew cab. People make it sound like there is less room but I just don't see how? 2 - Sundown SA 8V2 | CT Sounds 1400.1 | Pioneer DEH-X8500BS | 4/0 Big 3
iceman1575 Posted January 14, 2014 Author Report Posted January 14, 2014 How much different are ext cabs and crew cabs under the seat? I have an ext cab but I've never looked inside of a crew cab. People make it sound like there is less room but I just don't see how? Very different. While the extended cabs fold up, the crew cab seats fold forward and the backs lower. That's why I'm doing a box behind the seat, you can only fit two subs under the seat, and they have to be 8 or 10" shallow mounts. Talking to sps1989 and seeing if I can squeeze room for either my 4 8's ported like he did, or for possibly for four 10's sealed or possibly ported, if I can figure out what I have to do to give them the necessary air space. I just want a good sounding system, not 100% worried about SPL but I want it to get loud and sound good. Mix of rock, hip hop, trance/techno, etc. a little bit of everything. POTATO!
Bodied B2600ZX Posted January 14, 2014 Report Posted January 14, 2014 Ahhhh. Ok. Well that would def make things more challenging. 2 - Sundown SA 8V2 | CT Sounds 1400.1 | Pioneer DEH-X8500BS | 4/0 Big 3
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.