Second Skin Audio

2006 Silverado Crew Cab enclosures

iceman1575

You really don't have a lot of room behind the seat. I built these and they both used 10" slim subs.

20130627_195316_zpsfd1218c5.jpg

Picture142.jpg

That's what I'm afraid of...bah. Are the 1500HD cabs that much different from the 2500HD's then? If I could squeeze enough out for 4 10's sealed I'd be happy.

POTATO!

Just pick better shallow subs ruther then more

The out will be far better

Not sure what other "better" subs there are (at least for the price range) than the Sundown SD-2's, they're supposed to be pretty close to the SA series.

That's what I'm afraid of...bah. Are the 1500HD cabs that much different from the 2500HD's then? If I could squeeze enough out for 4 10's sealed I'd be happy.

I am not sure if there is any difference in them. You can also do a fiberglass back and floor to give you a bit more room.

Not sure if I trust myself to get that in depth with this build. I just want to keep it simple.

POTATO!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same truck. I'm putting 2" spacer under the rear seat with two DC XL facing down ported. Amps behind the seat.

I would love to see this. I am having a pretty hard time just squeezing two 8's under my back seat

2012 Silverado ext cab

Kenwood DDX470

XS D3400 (starter)

XS D375 (under passenger seat)

XS d3100

Mechman 240

Big three

SMD VM-1

All SHCA wire

80 sq feet of Damplifier

6.5 Crescendo CZ's (front doors) (needed)

5..25 Crescendo CZ's (back door) (needed)

Crescendo 125.4 (needed)

Sundown Zv4 12

Skar 4500 (2ohm)

Archived