Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help choosing amp for UFO style BTL 12"?


RowdyMoody

Recommended Posts

Posted

I know it's been a while but I happened to stumble upon this again. Just to satisfy curiosity the pawn shop had it priced at $275. However they were having a half off sale that day on all of their car audio, so around 140 bucks. But I traded in my 2 12" crossfires in their ported box plus 30 bucks for the BTL (in a custom built ported box). Hell of a deal if you ask me ;)

Posted

to answer one of your questions.

"how much can i run without a h.o alt.. will it depends on your stock alt. most.are around 120amps and with a big 3 you Can run 1500w rms all Damn day! a Lil dimming here and there but you'll be fine. my girl has a alpine mrp (pos) i hate that thing! even for free i feel i got ripped off! but there not 1ohm stable. so if your running at 4ohm your getting like 200w rms...that's poop!

but if you do have at least a 120amp alt do your big 3 and run a 1500w Amp. you could support another bat if you wanted to. a 1500w amp would push that nicely. won't under power it so you'll have a nice long life.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

UFO motors were so cool.

I have a pair of 18" UFO BTL's I will probably never use, but just can't let them go. Even have a set of recones just sitting in a box for them just in case. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

I put a bit over 2k to mine daily and I love the thing, I want to throw my n2 in it's place once I get around to giving it a recone.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I finally got a UFO motor now just waiting on a recone =] Going single 12" on a MMATS M3000.1 in a bit over sized enclosure. 3 cu. Hope it ends well =]

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3403 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...