New LED Taillight Wiring Issue

Just had a quick question if anyone can help me out. Lately been having some issues this pass month on anything i put in. I got these's in today and everything came out good, but one side doesn't want to light up. Which is the left side on the trunk the LED part. The other side lights up just find just this part doesn't. Everything is plugged in right basically plug and play. What can be the issue?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231077313559?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Often times you put the plug into the light socket backwords.

Sometimes they will still work if you do that but they will blink super fast, or they may not work at all.

So I would double check and make sure you put the plug in the correct way, or try it the oppisite way you have plugged it in..

It being plug and play is not always that simple, so re check for sure!

I just know this because ive done it once on my truck lights, but my blinker was blinking in hyper mode.

After looking at the actual lights you got it seems that they dont have the half looking bulb plug with wires coming out of it like most do.

I guess to trouble shoot your problem is make sure that they are plugged in fully, other wise take both lights out, and try the light that does not work on the other side of your car (the plugs should be the same, but the light wont fit in the opening), but you are doing this just to see if the light actually lights up, or if it doesnt. If it doesnt light up id contact the seller you bought them from for a refund, replacement or exchange.

If it does light up on the other side of the car id get a volt meter and start testing your factory wires to see if one is broken, ripped out, etc.

yea, sadly thought pulling them out and trying the other light on the other side is really your only way to narrow it down on if its the actual light or a issue with the vehicles factory wiring.

maybe the seller still has more and would be willing to swap you your broken light for a new working one.

if its something with the wiring then its something you just got to hunt down on your own but at least you know that your light still works :D

Id say check your fuses, but normally brake and running lights are both on the same fuse, so if the right works than your left should.

Archived