Just came up with this simple, yet effictive mount for a fullsize iPad. It requires no modification to the truck and does not even require adhesive to hold in place. The ipad goes in and out with no trouble, and holds very tight when in place. I made these out of aluminum and polished them enough to match the look of the dash. When the ipad is not in, the look remains fairly factory. I connect to the Ford SYNC system through bluetooth which allows me to atleast change track with the steering wheel controls or the controls on the dash.

photo1_zpsebb98356.jpg

As you can see here, it follows the factory dash line. For someone shorter it may be angled a little far back but being 6'3" it works well for me.

photo2_zps330230d4.jpg

Last, this is the dash without the ipad. I've had people say "it looks like something from the factory"

photo3_zpsdcf97eb2.jpg

So how well does it hold it in when you hit a bump or something. And what's factory look like

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

So how well does it hold it in when you hit a bump or something. And what's factory look like

Really well. I pretty much went out and tried as hard as I could to make it come loose. Its pure coincidence that the ipad fits perfectly in the factory opening. The ipad will rock forward a degree or two, but when I put some spacers in to remove this, it became too hard to take out.

This is the second prototype I've made and so far I'm pretty happy with it. The aluminum matches the color of my dash near perfectly, but this obviously wont work in everyone's application. There are a few screws that hold the wood grain trim in that I am thinking about trying to utilize on the next prototype. Trying to get one 3D printed here in the next few weeks hopefully.

Archived