hello i have a in home audio setup that involves nothing but car audio and i have some questions since i can not figure it out .

about amps ;;;;;;;;;

question 1 amps . at the moment i am using a 500w monoblock alpine on a 15'' kicker and a 600 watt xplod 4 channel to power 2 8'' hifoics tritons 300w rms and 2 10'' jl audio 10w3v2 200w rmssubs and tweeters n soo on . the deck is a dual 50w 2 eq setup with subwoofer controls

ii also have a 20 eq pre amp between everything to balance bass / voice is this an ok setup for a home setup ?

about capacitors / chargers ;;;;;;;;;;

my current power supplies are 2 computer power supplies one puts out 17@ and the other puts out 25@ and they run to a diode that has 2 inputs 1 output soo they dont cross feed into each other they click off without that diode between them ... and they put out a nasty buzz at times when im playing and the buzz ... not in radio interface noise u dont hear any distortion when the radio plays it comes from the power supplies them selves

question 2 are capacitors needed since i dont use car alternators .. i was thinking about making a custom capacitor with over 10k farad

basically ima buy a bunch of 2.7vdc 3000 farad capacitors is this ok ? since nothing is generating high amps for what i need ?

question 3 power supply im not shure what can put out more then 100 amps without using a car battery charger that is noisy i found

http://www.amazon.com/POWERMAX-PM3-100-CONVERTER-CHARGER-AUTOMATIC/dp/B008B13NIQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1389808889&sr=8-5&keywords=switching+power+supply+12v+80+amp but idk how this will work or if since it is a bettery charger will it be noisy ? and will it put out more then 12v since it is a car battery charger.

about box configuration ;;;;;;;;

question 4 box size my 15'' kicker single coil cvr 500w rms they dont sell this subwoofer no more but it can play the box it is in is roughly 37 inches tall 17 '' wide and deep . with a port it catches 15 hz and shakes my whole house and is tuned to 15 hz to 103 hz

the jl audio10w3v2 subs use a box thats 12 tall 12 wide and 12 deep with a t line port and they catch the higher bass

and and are tuned to 40 to 100hz

the hifonics 8's are in a 12 by 12 by 12 box sealed with a 90hz bass blocker tuned to 93 hz to 20k hz what ever it catches and i have these television tweeters . nice little speakers they handle everything i throw at it

this is alot to take in and might not make since but i tried my best to describe my question

Do away with car audio amps for home stereo buy a Crown or Peavey Power amp with a electronic crossover. Check out Part Express.com

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Do something like this.

image_url-76414-1389820024_thumb.jpg

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

do like me , 2 cerwin vega xls 12"s, 4 SVS for surround, denon receiver , a crown xls 2000, and a DD 3515 for home theatre :)

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

well the thing is it is a hobby already have about 1000 $ into it been doing it for about 14 years now since i was 5 started out harmless with a old trash amp i seen on the side of the road ... old walmart brand amp were only 1 channel worked ... and a 9v fire detector battery then i worked my way into xplod amps then i had a pioneer deck but the lighting storm took care of it ... then here i am accumulation of things given to me and things i have purchased u can hear the music when i play it about a block away voice and bass from in my room

i just started home audio , have 3,000 into it so far lol, 2100 watts onto my 3515 DD its amazing for parties!

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

1. Yes a single powersuplly or better yet a pro/home audio amp

2. I wouldn't run a capacitor as there is no need if you have an ample psu as well as that is dangerous if done wrong

3. See number 1

4. If it sounds good then keep it. It is very hard to suggest what somebody should do because nobody else has experience in that room other than you. At that point play around with everything and see what sounds best to you because that is who is using it, nobody else.

team%20xplicit%20smd_zpswfo6ysdv.jpg

1. Yes a single powersuplly or better yet a pro/home audio amp

2. I wouldn't run a capacitor as there is no need if you have an ample psu as well as that is dangerous if done wrong

3. See number 1

4. If it sounds good then keep it. It is very hard to suggest what somebody should do because nobody else has experience in that room other than you. At that point play around with everything and see what sounds best to you because that is who is using it, nobody

#1 i would keep a single supply but well anything under 15 amps is not enogh .. deck is 10@ mono amp is 50@ and the xplod amp is 45@ at full power soo i had to add another ...just soo my radio could kick on and play without turning off in protection

#2 hmmm i wonder if a few of those small sealed batteries will work they might fit somewere on the box that has all my amps on it .. that way they have some reserve when i wana blast it

3#4# i havent heard any system better then mine soo far

============================================================================================================================

off topic .... if lightning strikes your power lines outside can if fry things in your home that has nothing to do with the home grid it'sself ... like the power went out soo i started my inverter and ran my room for a bit then all the sudden lightning struck and my inverter went out .... i turned it back on to find my radio was buzzing stupidly ... and could not hear anything much out of it and my television turned on but had a oscolacope affect going on in the middle soo the tv was trashed now when i plugged my radio back when the power went bck on ... i found my problem the deck rear speakers were fried and eq setting just mad everything worse ... soo i suspected the amp on the radio went bad ... then i got a new deck the buzz was there not as bad ... then iwent and looked at my amp ... the inside parts all around the high input plug was fried but the amp still ran .... soo i used rca and fixed that issue ....

what i want to know is how in the living hell did lightning fry everything in my room when nothing what soo ever was plugged into the wall or house lines .. i was on my own independent supply from a inverter . and the charger was disconnected anyone had this issue ?

Archived