Joe X Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 Here's a suggestion on about your dimensions:
xile Posted January 16, 2014 Author Report Posted January 16, 2014 Thanks for the workup Joe. I'd like to try and stick with 4" ports as they will be easy for me to get. Unless running 6's would be better.
Joe X Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 Very important when checking tuning with multiple round ports is to use the manufacturer's port length calculator: http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html
xile Posted January 16, 2014 Author Report Posted January 16, 2014 Thats where I got my info from. Glad I was on the right track.
Joe X Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 Thanks for the workup Joe. I'd like to try and stick with 4" ports as they will be easy for me to get. Unless running 6's would be better. The port area of 4 4" round ports would be a little less than two 6"s, these subs approach the cone area of 18" subs, maybe you could get away with the 4s as far as port noise goes but port area seems low and therefore at least you would loose some efficiency.
xile Posted January 16, 2014 Author Report Posted January 16, 2014 Thanks for the workup Joe. I'd like to try and stick with 4" ports as they will be easy for me to get. Unless running 6's would be better. The port area of 4 4" round ports would be a little less than two 6"s, these subs approach the cone area of 18" subs, maybe you could get away with the 4s as far as port noise goes but port area seems low and therefore at least you would loose some efficiency. with 6" ports would flared make a big difference?
Joe X Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 I don't think you will have port noise either way if that's your only concern, the 3 6" simply flush mounted will likely not produce any port noise but it's easy to do a slight roundover to the installation hole to help. If you plan to probably upgrade to L7s then better get flared ones.
xile Posted January 17, 2014 Author Report Posted January 17, 2014 Thanks for all the help joe. I think I will build it off you layout. I plan on using 6" pvc and I'll flare the ends myself.
xile Posted January 18, 2014 Author Report Posted January 18, 2014 Ok can't find 6" pvc. Can I increase the number of ports using 4"? Thanks again guys for all the help.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.