No Signal LED on CC-1

Your method can work ken, but some multichannel amps need the other method. Look at the manual for the dd-1. I have found clipping a different levels using both methods.

Not trying to be a dick. Just stating what the manual for the dd-1 says. I will link the manual if you would like.

Got a lot going on this weekend but I'll test the speaker level outputs of my home stereo system as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks for chiming in Tony!

Edited by Stephen13

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

I hooked up the CC-1 to my home stereo amp (ADCOM GFA-555 mk.II) and got the "Signal" LED to turn on finally. It seemed odd that I had to turn up a 200W/channel amp to 1:00 to get the LED to light up. I tried the CC-1 on the outputs of my ADCOM pre-amp and the outputs of my CD player and could not get the LED to light with either component. I'm guessing the CC-1 doesn't work with line level signals like the manual says and only works on speaker level signals?

Next, I hooked the CC-1 up to a Kicker 12PX100.2 power amp that I use for my rear speakers. No matter what I did the "Signal" LED would not light. By this time I was getting pissed. For the fun of it I hooked up to my Polk Audio PSD 2000.2 amp that powers my front speakers and BINGO! the "Signal" LED on the CC-1 lit up. It took me a while to dial in the X-over frequency. Just touching the frequency trimmer on the X-over was enough to make the DOWN arrow jump to the UP arrow with the "Calibrated" LED only lighting for an instant in between. This went back and forth for a while before I got the "Calibrated" LED to come ON and stay ON. I proceeded to dial in my subwoofer amp next without a hitch. I went back to the Kicker amp but still could not get it to light up the "Signal" LED. Since this is my rear amplifier I just dialed it in as best I could and left it at that. When I went to listen to my system I noticed a scratchy kind of distortion coming from the right rear speaker. This also happens to be the channel I was trying to dial in with the CC-1. The 12PX100.2 has been a PITA since I bought it. When the first one arrived I did like I always do and tested it on my work bench to confirm that it worked before installing it. When I tested the amp the right channel was DOA so I sent it back and got another. It tested fine so I installed it and for about a month and a half it worked like a charm before the right channel in it went belly-up. So now I'm on my third 12PX100.2 and up until I connected the CC-1 the amp worked fine. Now after trying to dial in the X-over the right channel in this 3rd amp is acting up. So now I need to send it back and look into an entirely different amp. In my experience Kicker products have never given me any grief before. Hopefully I won't have any problem with the Kicker "Front Row" processor/crossover I'm using.

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."