No Signal LED on CC-1

My CC-1 is gonna make me lose my mind. Using the DD-1 couldn't have been any easier but the CC-1 is kicking my butt. I've got it hooked up to the pre-amp level outputs of my Kicker "Front Row" which is a signal processor/crossover. No matter what I do I cannot get the "Signal" LED on the CC-1 to light up. I've only tried it on the pre-amp levels of the crossover because it's easier to get to than my amplifiers. I've read the manual over a few times and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the problem might be. Once it gets a little warmer I plan to pull the rear seat in my truck to access the amps and hook up the CC-1 to a speaker level output to see if that makes a difference.

Anyone have any recommendations until then?

Thanks!

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

use the harness. I have a few DD1s and CC1s, i find that it's easier to use them when I use the harness and connect at the last point. it takes half the time and you only need to make a single connections. maybe someone else can chime in to confirm but no matter what causes the distortion the DD1 will still detect it at the final point, same thing with the crossover point the CC1 should still detect the crossover point at the final point. this has worked well for me since I first started using them.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

I hooked up the CC-1 to the output of two different amps and I cannot get the Signal LED to light up with either. I've used the harness that came with the unit as well as used cables I have on hand so now I'm pretty much at a loss as to what the problem might be. I've got a bakground in electronics and have used multi-meters and O-scopes and the like before so I'm confident I'm using the device correctly.

Any suggestions?

Did you try different channels? Not trying to clown you but do you have the track playing and the volume up? You have no idea how many times I've not turned the volume up and/or pressed play. It's embarrassing how many times I've done that.

Yep, tried both channels with the volume at zero all the way up to 60. I even hooked it up to my home stereo's preamp output and the CC-1 still is not detecting a signal.

I don't know what to tell you. Try to shoot an email to Tony. I had an issue similar on my DD1 and Tony helped me take care of the issue.

I haven't read the owners manual for the cc-1 but did you put the neg probe on the left channel + and positve on right channel - like you do with the dd-1?

Edited by strangeduck

I haven't read the owners manual for the cc-1 but did you put the neg probe on the left channel + and positve on right channel - like you do with the dd-1?

LOL, wut?

+ probe to positive channel, negative clip to ANY ground, every fucking time.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread