exc500 Posted January 18, 2014 Report Posted January 18, 2014 Any thoughts on these subs. I have 4 of them and am planning on running them off of a soundqubed 3500.1.
alaskanzx5 Posted January 18, 2014 Report Posted January 18, 2014 had 2 t2d412 on a t1500.1bdcp do a 143.? sealed on the dash termlab big 3 250amp singer alt (few days later the alt started smoking and was sent back to be rebuilt so don't know how it was performing at the time of the comp) voltage was around 12-12.5 during burp had a single t2d415 on the same t1500.1bdcp barely score below the 2 12's sealed on the dash termlab stock electrical no big 3. much better box then the 2 12s where in imo. both scores around 45-46hz car prefers to peak around 51hz though, with testing and changes it could have been better musically it was great, even the 2 12s tuned to roughly 38hz and a port a bit on the small side I could get down to about 28-30hz and play up into the higher freq very well. a lower tuning and they could have played better in the lows but i knew less then compared to now. got my mirrors shaking nicely and broke a mounting tap on my map light with ease. window seal was coming off from the flex and pending song and how the voltage was holding the front wipers (off) could lift off the windshield just enough to see but my phone could never capture it. the 1 t2d415 was tuned around 35hz with a nice sized port and loved decaf down to the 23-25hz range. musical for sure and flexed better then my 2 t2d412 (lower tuning helped a lot with that imo). impressed a lot of people for a single 15 with no electrical upgrades and thrown together in the parking lot with no testing. wasn't anyone with a scope or dd-1 so the gain was all the way down to play it safe. 5v pre outs and on my 400.4 the gain is barely even up enough to see it isn't all the way down but with the gain actually being set it might have been better. so that's my experience with the t2 series, ive used the t1 series with great results to. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
poorfish88 Posted January 18, 2014 Report Posted January 18, 2014 They are super tough and pretty good performers. I feel that t2s are great subs for everyday use, they are overbuilt so they can handle lots of abuse. I've owned and run some T2s for 5 or 6 years. Never a problem with them, if I was trying to knit pick I'd say they need better cooling. I have the older silver T2s, in fact I just took em out for a DC XL 12 . The Rockfords still look a perform like new they are like tanks. Just my opinion.
alaskanzx5 Posted January 18, 2014 Report Posted January 18, 2014 I did have a t2 12 in a 3-3.5cuft box with insane clipping (was less informed back then gain, was a let's gain output knob). Survived 6+ months like that on a t1500.1bdcp. Knowing what I know now that thing took a beating before it went. When it did though it happened fast, first there was a little bit of smell then there was smoke and horrible.sounding. The Rockford rep fit the shop I got it from told then to trade me out on warranty. My stupidity destroyed the speaker, was told they Sayyid the choice coil was melted and wouldn't move worth a shit but there Customer service was great specially since they approved a trade out on warranty. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.