Msg4lifesucka Posted January 18, 2014 Report Posted January 18, 2014 So I built my box for a sundown zv4 18. I don't have the 18 yet but I put my sundown sa12 in to hear how it sounds. First off, the box is 40 inches wide, 17.5 tall and 25 deep. I got my 10inch octoport in it. In total, the port is about 25 inches long and I have about 6 inches coming out of the box also. My problem is, with the sa 12 on 1600 watts, the lows(30-22hz) are absolutely nasty. 26 Hz will actually make your ears hurt. But anything above 32 Hz has a very steep cut off. Not loud at all. I'm wondering when I get the zv4, it will make the highs come back. But I would love to keep the lows too. Any advice? Do you think cutting the port down about 6 inches will help? Thanks.
Msg4lifesucka Posted January 18, 2014 Author Report Posted January 18, 2014 Forgot to mention, this is all happening in a 2002 Subaru outback (wagon)
Joe X Posted January 19, 2014 Report Posted January 19, 2014 Subs turn peaky when set in larger than recommended airspace, when the 18 comes in it will be more musical if your box calculations were right.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.