Door Panels anyone?

jmanjr82

Alright here is the deal: I live in Japan by way of the military, I just bought a car for the low $500, because the guy did a hack job on the doors. Well I need them repaired (cant pull honeyz in the ride with these ugly fucks :) so I went around pricing everything I would need such as a jig saw, router, bits, drill, wood, resin, fiberglass body filler, odds and ends locally and the grand total cost more than the cost of the damn car! Getting legit items such as resin is a pain in the ass due to hazardous material laws and shipping them via usps to this island so again no FUCKING luck there. So I figured last resort get on the SMD forum where there are a shit ton of talented guys that have done kick ass doors with ease and see if anyone wants to help a SMD brother out? I will obviously pay for shipping to and from along with materials and whatever the person wants for labor. I deploy in June so I would need them back before then, I would obviously like them back ASAP!

Now for the door I have the speakers etc (Skar PAX 6.5 and Super Tweets) pretty simple basic build I would like the doors wrapped in black with grey inserts which should make it easier on labor as well since you wont have to fiddle with the constant pain in the ass sanding etc to get everything smooth as a babies ass.

So anyone interested? You can pm me for more details or to work something out I can provide pictures as well for those contemplating on helping me.

IMAG0087.jpg
IMAG0086.jpg
IMAG0085.jpg
IMAG0084.jpg

Vinyl wrapping doesn't eliminate sanding things smooth. In fact, the only step not needed for vinyl that is for paint is the final priming and blocking process. Other than that, every high or low spot will show through the vinyl.

But that's not really relevant. Can you post some pictures of the panels you have along with giving an idea of where you want the drivers? Also the make and model of the car would be nice or two reasons...

First, if the car is sold in the US, it would be nice to find one to model the panels on so as to avoid building something that's going to hit the seat or dash once it's installed. Also, it might be less expensive over all to have someone buy door panels from a salvage yard rather than paying (and waiting) for shipping from Japan.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Good questions. As for wrapping I was referring to the sanding isn't near as intensive to wrap as it is to paint I have watched and helped do panels and the process for getting them good enough to paint was far more labor intensive then wrapping them purely my experience though. As for where I want the drivers I would imagine the areas that there are holes in the doors would be ideal since the dude has already royally fucked them up. I actually painted them with gun metal grey plastidip, because I was tired of seeing 6 different colors on the damn things. I will take some pics and post them shortly. As for make and model its a Nissan Cefiro which apparently is an Infiniti I35 in the states 4 door sedan style. Here is a link to the same car:

http://www.cars-directory.net/gallery/nissan/cefiro/2002/nissan_cefiro_a1156465824b1020550_9_p.html

good idea as well if someone could find some panels cheap and build them there and ship here it would be more cost effective. The only real problem is you would have to be 110% sure its the same door panel.

Pictures added. I think he had the right idea, but didn't know how to tie it altogether or didn't give a fuck, because he was leaving. Either way I want it done right and I don't have the means to do it right nor learn given the circumstances.

Archived