Sonic Electronix

Ok, like previous threads the fuse was blown, I replaced it today with a 200A fuse, and looked at the amp and it's red light, and it's in protect mode. do I have to ship it to MMATS, and have them fix it, or should I just say fuck it and hook up the other one and let the old one collect dust? or should I completely buy a new amp like the Crunch GP 3000 =).

advice please.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Check to make sure your getting 12V+ at the amp. You said you were uncertain about the shop you took it to, so check the ground. I had a guy come to me after going to Circuit City and having stuff installed because his amp kept going into protect and CC wanted to have him buy a new amp. I looked at all his stuff and gave a little tug on the ground just to make sure it was good, and I completely pulled the ground wire out from under the carpet. Upon further inspection, the CC monkeys stripped the ground wire and used a cargo tie as the ground, no connector, just wrapped the wire around the bolt.

i think its 125 plus the shipping fees, so say 175 repaired, give 25 for shipping there and back, next question did the guy sell you a busted amp or did you get it while it was on its last leg ,then is it worth 175 or not?

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Check to make sure your getting 12V+ at the amp. You said you were uncertain about the shop you took it to, so check the ground. I had a guy come to me after going to Circuit City and having stuff installed because his amp kept going into protect and CC wanted to have him buy a new amp. I looked at all his stuff and gave a little tug on the ground just to make sure it was good, and I completely pulled the ground wire out from under the carpet. Upon further inspection, the CC monkeys stripped the ground wire and used a cargo tie as the ground, no connector, just wrapped the wire around the bolt.

lol fuck that I'm gonna be looking at it on Tuesday i'll have pictures up and shit when my dad leaves for work. I believe they just grounded it straight in the trunk, where the spare tire is.

I'm gonna run the P600 Rockford Fosgate for the 1st test, and see if the fuse is gonna pop Im just pissed cuz I spent $450 on both amps... and I can't really come up with that money... any time soon.

I wasnt expecting this to happen.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

i think its 125 plus the shipping fees, so say 175 repaired, give 25 for shipping there and back, next question did the guy sell you a busted amp or did you get it while it was on its last leg ,then is it worth 175 or not?

he was selling it from term pro.

I did a search on the amp and it was in Mint Condition.

I don't believe the amp is busted, or on it's last leg because the amp looks perfect it's just modded.

I think i'm just gonna say fuck it keep the amp, I have a replacement, just won't set the volume high. I'm more concerned just having somtin to bump for now, until I can find juggernaughts.

i'm waiting on 2 replies from 2 sellers still no word yet.

I don't wanna buy them off Woofersetc for $525 a piece.

too much for me.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Archived