car wont start

The front battery seems bad. If I'm reading this right, the front battery got the 11.99v reading after letting it sit overnight. If that's correct, swap batteries and see what happens. I'm pretty sure once the battery is under 12 volts it's a bad battery.

The 11.99 reading is what it held steady after trying to start the car in the morning. It held 12.34 before trying to start. Also, the car would not start.

What voltage do you read when the engine is running? and when it's off?

14.8 while running. 12.34 after sitting overnight. 12.5 after sitting with negative terminal unhooked. There is a draw according to the volt test. My meter will only shown a 1 when testing amps.

How old are the batteries, and how often do you charge them (wall charged)? Sorry if I ask too many questions! You could be having that phantom draw because it started almost a week ago. You mentioned something about cheap temporary wire, fix that first. I think the batteries are sucking the life out of each other to death.

2006 P71

270A Mechman alt.

2 XS power D3100's, 1 under the hood, one in the trunk. More to come.

2 Stinger 0 gauge, 4 gauge runs front to back

Sony DSX-S300BTX AM/FM Digital Media Car Stereo with Bluetooth

Pair of Fi SP4 15''s

B2 Audio M1s MKII amp @ 1 Ohm

Front doors JBL P660C 6.5'' 2-way component system.

Rear doors JBL GT0938 6x9'' 3-way

Rockford Fosgate t600 @ 2 Ohm

Ram Designs box with 5'' port, ~ 3.6 cubic inches each facing back.

5704P Python 2-Way Responder Remote Start / Security Alarm. :shrug:

The front battery seems bad. If I'm reading this right, the front battery got the 11.99v reading after letting it sit overnight. If that's correct, swap batteries and see what happens. I'm pretty sure once the battery is under 12 volts it's a bad battery.

The 11.99 reading is what it held steady after trying to start the car in the morning. It held 12.34 before trying to start. Also, the car would not start.

So do you need to jump it to start it? If so that battery is bad. I remember reading that 12.3 and under is the sign of a battery that won't recharge.

What voltage do you read when the engine is running? and when it's off?

14.8 while running. 12.34 after sitting overnight. 12.5 after sitting with negative terminal unhooked. There is a draw according to the volt test. My meter will only shown a 1 when testing amps.

How old are the batteries, and how often do you charge them (wall charged)? Sorry if I ask too many questions! You could be having that phantom draw because it started almost a week ago. You mentioned something about cheap temporary wire, fix that first. I think the batteries are sucking the life out of each other to death.

I haven't charged the batteries because I haven't played the sub. They might be a year old. I unhooked all of the wiring and rear battery. What do you mean by phantom draw? Also I am reading 12.5 volts when probing negative terminal and negative wire with multimeter set to volts. Should this voltage exist here?

How does it start if you jump start it ? Does it crank over fast or slow?

IF it still cranks over slow you could have a bad starter causing your batteries to have to work extra hard to try start

The stock cables are still hooked up with the addition of the big 3 with 5/16 ring terminals. The battery posts are the stand up style with a hole through it. So there is 1/4 inch bolt straight through. These changes took place about 3 months ago.

Last night night I unplugged both plugins on the alternator and still ready that voltage. Although I am unsure if that would make a difference

Archived