Sundown Audio

Quality Amp for friendly price

Trayten

I read it just fine. You are blaming the amp but yet you don't have a clue how it's even hooked up. That makes perfect sense and since you didn't hook them up you don't know how to troubleshoot either. Would probably be a good idea to actually fix the current issue before you start trying to bring in new gear

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Ok well the way you responded to what I posted made it sound like I'm the dumb one who hooked it up wrong which is entirely wrong. If I knew how to do it myself I would've but I was just starting car audio at the time and didn't know anything. I wasn't trying to blame the amp either I was just trying to find ways to solve my problem.

I might get together with a friend and test it to see if it even has good power when hooked up properly or whatever (I forgot to say sometimes it shuts off xP). He says it may be a problem with the amp itself and that it's actually got something wrong with it internally or something which is why it doesn't always work. and that I might have to send it in to have it tested and see what the problem really is. I'm just a noob but I'll figure it out eventually. I guess I just probably wont be playing any music till this summer when I can actually access my equipment without freezing my ass off :l

Vehicle: 1988 Cadillac Brougham

Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Head Unit

Custom box built by me (designed by forum member g2shuck)

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

Troubleshoot first don't spend money you don't need to. If it's the amp it's the amp and then you can move on nothing worse than buying something to fix a problem only to have a problem persist

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Aq amps are beast. Its 99% the fact they may be at .5ohm

Take a dmm set it to resistance and touch the leads to the amp where the speaker wire comes in to the amp and that will tell you the ohm load the amps running at.

Also before you do anything i want pics of the install. Wiring shots amp shots everything please so we can see if any other things are wrong

Edit: also how was your amp tuned? What is your bass boost set at? What is your gain set at?

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Yeah, your stock electrical is probably what's doing it. Look at this way. Your system, is a small town, and your trying to give everyone their water, through garden hoses. Not enough space to properly flow all the water everyone needs. For what you have, you need at minimum a upgraded alt and a extra battery. With what you have, you MUST have upgraded electrical wiring. What you have will not stand a chance on stock wiring at all. The gear you have is great gear, you just need to properly feed it and I garentee all your problems will dissapear. I would suggest learning a little bit about Ohm's law and resistance, wire your sub(s) up to the highest impedance you can if you are really at .5 ohms. Then until you upgrade your electrical, then you can start thinking about putting it back to how it is now.

Just an FYI too, there is a harsh reality a lot of people hit in car audio when they first start. When I first started, I thought all I needed was 2 subs, a 5k amp, a 4 channel and 4 sets of speakers. Hell fucking no. For that type of set up you need a upgraded alt, several batteries and lots of fat ass wire. Which all that right their will cost around 1k or more. You can't put big boy gear in a car and expect it to work off of what the factory puts in it, because it's not meant to handle that. You need to make sure you properly upgrade your electrical so that your system doesn't fry itself.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm