looking to upgrade from t2500bdcp,zcon 18

alright. so im kind of ...no ..having massive trouble , because i can not make my mind up on anything when it comes to car audio. so im asking for some help:) i have a few options ive sorted out. this is not a vs thread...im just wondering what would be best for my application. 1)buy another bdcp2500 and get two zcon15's 2)get two team FI 15's and an ns1 ..or dc10k (deciding if i want to spend that much on electrical just for a couple more dbs. a few notes. reason to switching from an 18 to two 15s..this is in a ext cab truck. i still want to see out my back window. can deal with 10cubic feet compared to 16.. just want some help so i can put my mind at ease. thanks!

technically it is a vs thread because you are pinning different products up against one another. to help just take out the brand names explain the goal you are trying to achieve and the equipment you already have. then ask for suggestions and explanation on why they suggest those products for your goal.

as for my idea, (not knowing your goal) I would pick up 2 15s and run them off of the 2500bdcp you already have until you can figure out if you want more power then what 2 2500bdcp can give you or if 2 of them would be enough for your goal.

this being in the ground pounders sections im guessing you just want to get things moving like crazy and not looking to get loud on a meter (as your main goal at least). that being said your going to want a lower tuning, 28-33hz area at least. to get loud down low you need at least 1 of 2 things, power or cone area. since you are only willing to give up enough space for 2 15s you don't have whole lot of cone area to work with so power would be your friend. I would go with the 10k, your going to need some serious 15s to handle 5k watts a piece though.

don't know if you can do it all at once or if you have to purchase things one at a time, I would get the 2 15s and get a great box built for them. sell the 18 and buy use the money from it on sound deadener and start buying stuff for electrical upgrades. ones the electrical is done I would finally get the 10k and get things moving. sell the 2500bdcp and if the electrical isn't handling the 10k as good as you want/thought it would use the money from the 2500bdcp to up the electrical more.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

thanks! and yeah sorry i didnt try to start any kind of vs thread. my box i built right now is tuned somewhere around 33. ive thought about doing 4 twelves before also. or saying screw it and do 2 18's . i was thinking about fi team audio subs. which are rated at 4k. so if i did get the 10k and thinking about box rise and what not, probably woudlnt be getting the total 10,000. or thats what i assume. like i said just dont know if it were to be worth it as a daily system to go from 5k to 10k. alot more money.

double power is good for roughly 1-3db increase.

high excursion subs would be a good idea to. the team fi subs are nice. they can handle some power. box rise is just a small amount of the factor, music is dynamic as the freq changes so does impedance.

imo, no point in trying to build to combat rise because your not looking for numbers but rather an impressive demo/daily setup.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

exactly . since im not chasing numbers would it make since to pay for that 1 to 3 db increase? i mean. ive always heard that isnt that much to the ear. its just idk what i want . i thought about the zv4's but i heard they also heard they only play well with low frequencies. like 40 hz and under. i mean. i listen to mostly rap. most of it heavy bass. but i dont like to listen to chopped music or anything . i like diversity. i want it to pound on alot of the songs i like. i listen to alot of tech n9ne. ..alot. ces cru. rittz. mostly the whole strange music industry. kinda gives you an idea i hope of the kind of bass i like. in your personal opinion what do you think? whats some goals i should set for an impressive daily pounder. i could maybe fit another 18 and have 12 or 13 cubic feet for both out of the 16 for optimal size. or do the two 15's using the optimal size of 10 cubic feet for both.. same subs..same power..

I would rather have 2 subs in a proper box then 2 subs in to small of a box.

To get any sub to part a certain freq range it's all about the box. You need a bid with a flat freq response. Maybe a single 18 on 5k rms in 4th order?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

I don't know anything about 4th orders either. Just giving ideas.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived