good sq amp?

AlbertGonzalez

• 1 year later...

so i have seen this thread go multiple ways so i figure i will jumpo in on it. this time around for my stereo im going to run two sets of focal ps165. i have seen a lot of amps mentioned in here. how many of you have run the ps165's? what amp did you drive them with and how did it sound?

Closest I got to sound quality was a Audison 2.9LRx which was probably the one amp I wish I never sold and I ran an Audison LRx 5.1k on a set of Mille components and it's the best sound I've ever heard. Only heard a few true sound quality installs and I was more than happy with mine but I'm still a basshead and had two 10" hertz hi energy subs to make things rattle. Most people don't actually want a true SQ system IMO at least. They just want clean sound that gets loud. Speaker install has a lot more to do with the end result than the equipment.

Had the 5.1k also on older hertz energies. Clean I guess but not powerful enough. Picked up a pg xenon 200.4 and the difference was night and day. Very powerful and crystal clear. Might want to look at pg elite 4 channel.

Archived