Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Can I run 8 dual 2s at .5


Deadly hertzz

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sweet I'm runnin 4 I was gonna run 6 at .67 but I found a deal and might be going with 8

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Posted

Yeh I goda do some more measuring id rather have 6 in a good wall than 8 in a choked wall

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Posted

Rough measurements without trim out. 17x51x44 could I work with that that's like 22 cubes if my Maths right before displacement

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Posted

44x51x17.5 with a port area of 223.5 square inches will result in a 14 cubes net @ 33Hz box, about 1.75 cubes net and 28 square inches of port area per sub. (double layer baffle and 3/4" wood). Everything fits in the baffle but with a vertical all across port it results in a 8:1 area ratio which is near the 9:1 limit.

Posted

If you get a chance could you work me up a plan I been tryna use sketch up an not awesome at it yet, I was thinking if I could go port driver side that way I don't have to worry about leaning the seat back n to subs, this is def my biggest build yet I'm ready to knock it all out

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Posted

44x51x17.5 with a port area of 223.5 square inches will result in a 14 cubes net @ 33Hz box, about 1.75 cubes net and 28 square inches of port area per sub. (double layer baffle and 3/4" wood). Everything fits in the baffle but with a vertical all across port it results in a 8:1 area ratio which is near the 9:1 limit.

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Posted

Could you help me with a cut sheet with those dimensions all the port calculators I use online keep showing me dif lengths for some reason

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3225 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...